30 Warm Pieces Of Clothing For Anyone Who Still Plans To Sit Outside In November
Repeat after me: Layers, layers, *please have heat lamps*, layers...
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A mid-length, ~unbearably~ cozy teddy jacket when you want to show off the bottom half of your dazzling outfit, but still need something to feel like a furry hug while you're out braving the cold.
2. Fleece-lined leggings that will seamlessly winter-proof any outdoor outfit with their thick, fuzzy layer. Once you slide on these legwarmers, you'll truly believe it's what's on the inside that counts.
3. A turtleneck sweater for a layer that is every part gorgeous and weather-appropriate. Its super-soft material and high neck will make you laugh at the thought of hibernating inside all winter long.
5. A heavyweight flannel that levels up a classic basic by adding extra warmth in its weight — making it a cross between a jacket and a shirt. It even has hand-warming pockets for when you're stuck in line waiting for that hot toddy!
6. A fan-favorite Carhartt hat to pack into your bag when it's officially beanie season and you want to be a-head of the imminent temperature drop.
7. A long-line faux fur maxi coat that will not only make you feel as glamorous as JLo in a 2000s music video, but will serve up serious protection from the elements so you can wine and dine out all winter long.
8. A sweater dress for all-day comfort and a textured knit that provides enough insulation so you can wear it from your brunch to dinner plans, no sweat.
9. A retro-inspired Patagonia fleece that'll stop the wind in its tracks and replicate the style your dad once had when he actually dressed, what you consider, cool.
10. A colorful marled sweater for that person who isn't ready to let go of that summertime tie-dye trend. Paired over lightwash mom jeans, this will give anyone who's nostalgic for warmer weather all the ~feels~.
11. Sherpa touchscreen gloves for when you're bulking up your Instagram grid to let everyone know that you're still brunching outside.
12. Fleece-lined jeggings because who said you need to sacrifice style over function?! These babies have all the qualities of your favorite pair of skinny jeans, but are cozy enough to keep you extra warm and comfortable like your go-to leggings.
13. A buffalo plaid poncho which is the only style that makes it totally acceptable to wear a blanket for a Michelin-style meal.
14. A comfy graphic pullover that will be the darling of your cold-weather wardrobe, purrfect for a low-key Sundate.
15. A versatile quilted vest which can be thrown over your casual, workout (or, I-look-like-I-workout-but-don't-actually-workout) attire. And with a fancier turtleneck, jeans, and booties, this is perfect if you're heading to an outdoor event that requires a more ~elevated~ look.
16. A Levi's denim sherpa — a staple we *know* you've been eyeing for the past couple of winters. It's undeniably warm and an absolute classic that will not be going out of style anytime soon, so, how is it not in your wardrobe already?!
17. A belted bouclé trench coat to breath new life into your outerwear if you're experiencing a wardrobe rut. This splurge-worthy piece is lined, heavier in weight, and will not only stop the weather from affecting you but you're guaranteed to receive looks worthy of a million compliments.
18. A bodysuit for the perfect base layer that will act as your most stylish thermal yet. No more bunching up, tucking in, and re-tucking your tops when you just want a seamless, well-fitted look to go under a blouse, cardigan, or jacket.
19. A knit scarf that will infinitely shield your neck from the icy winds. The circle design is long enough to be looped a couple times so you can nuzzle into it and not have to be concerned about it unraveling.
20. High-waisted plush leggings which will be your secret weapon for below freezing days. Paired under a dress with boots or with a chunky knit sweater, these will keep you extra toasty when you're on the go.
21. A buttery soft turtleneck long-sleeved tee to trap in precious heat under the three layers you're already wearing — because the place you chose for dinner does not believe in heat lamps.
22. A thick open-front cardigan that is the perfect mid layer for your wintry outfit. Worn over a shirt and under a long-line coat, you'll feel toasty and look chic at the same time.
23. A long-sleeved turtleneck dress when you want to look cute but are sick of wearing pants just 'cus it's the winter. Pair this time-saving piece over knit tights and some over-the-knee boots for an outfit that won't make you late to your dinner date.
24. An oversized bat-wing sweater that is cozy and long enough to cover your caboose when you just want to be outside in leggings and boots sipping on some hot cocoa.
25. A hooded parka to shield you from the tundra as you walk toward your outdoor reservation. (And you won't have to take it off, either — just in case you don't get seated inside one of those igloos!)
26. A high-waisted flared winter skirt (with pockets!) so you don't have to forfeit your great style even when the temperature is freezing-degrees Fahrenheit.
27. A cotton cardigan for a simple yet refined way to layer and look ultra stylish: button it up over a basic henley or wear it open to show off a chambray shirt. The shawl collar is also guaranteed keep you extra warm and looking like Jude Law in The Holiday.
28. Boot socks to wick away moisture, whether they're worn bundled up in boots all day or casually worn in cooler temps with sneakers. The patterns are cute enough to even peek out of cuffed pants!
29. A fleece hoodie so you can layer up comfortably. Wear this under a long-line camel coat to achieve that super trendy and incredibly warm look we're all just striving for.
30. Cable knit tech-friendly mittens for when you have to text your BFF that you can see your breath as you *patiently* wait for them because you can't be seated until the whole party has arrived.
The reviews in this post have been edited for length and clarity.