Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women's.
1. A lightweight, two-piece shirt and short set just dying to be added to your summer style repertoire. Airy? Yes. Versatile? No doubt. Super chic? Absolutely.
Promising review: "The shorts are super comfortable and fit well over swimsuits and are easy to throw on when going to the pool or beach, or even with a T-shirt or tank top to wear out. The button down isn’t as long/oversized as it looks like it would be, so if you want that look, I would definitely size up to your normal oversized size, but it is great for keeping the wind off of you on breezier days but isn’t too heavy that you’ll get overheated!" —Delaney
Get it from Amazon for $32.99+ (available in both long and short sleeves in sizes S–XL and 20 styles).
2. A one-shoulder printed smock dress gifted with the good fortune of being lightweight and wrinkle-resistant. It's just a bonus that it comes in so many adorbs prints and patterns that would look just *stunning* for a destination wedding.
Promising review: "This dress is true to size, the elastic is comfortable and doesn’t leave marks on your body. The fabric is light and cool andddddd it’s wrinkle-free!!" —Josephine Erhard
Get it from Amazon for $42.99 (available in sizes S–2XL and 22 prints and patterns).
And if you're looking for a similar smocked style that has two ruffly straps to disguise bra straps opt for this one from Amazon for $69.90 (available in sizes XXS–5X and five colors and patterns).
3. Trendy baggy overalls offering full coverage for days when you're running around after the kids, or just spending your Sunday sipping at the brewery. If you love summer but hate the heat, these breezy babes will soon become a staple mainly for their versatility. Plus, hellooo, pockets!
Promising review: "My new capsule wardrobe staple. These overalls will quickly become your favorite WFH office wear. The navy blue is beautiful, and I can dress it up or pair with a tube top for puttering around in the yard. **Cold wash/drip dry so far to avoid shrinkage** Pros: linen; lightweight; loose fit; cool and breathable. Cons: none yet." —teaseapea
Get it from Amazon for $24.99+ (available in sizes S–3XL and 21 colors/patterns).
4. A tiered swing dress you'll be reaching for when you need to make that last-minute trip to the grocery store to grab the essentials — aka wine and three different kinds of fromage for a girls night on your rooftop.
Promising review: "This dress is so comfortable! The material is stretchy and soft and does not cling to your body. I originally got this dress because I needed something roomy after my shoulder surgery. I've already ordered another one in a different color. I really recommend this dress. It's fantastic!" —Susan Kirby
Get it from Amazon for $33.99 (available in sizes 1X–4X and eight colors).
5. A set of flower hair clips super adorable for anyone who wishes their hair to be up and off of their face and necks on days that reach sweaty-degrees Fahrenheit. I mean...it's basically mandatory to accessorize updos with something cute and 'grammable these days.
See one TikToker show seven ways to wear the clips here!
Promising review: "So different and get a lot of compliments. They keep asking me where I got them. Use it wherever and holds my thick hair with no problem." —Bellap
Get a set of six from Amazon for $14.98+ (available in five color combinations).
6. A tie-front masterpiece featuring roomy pockets, cold shoulders, and breathable fabric — the type of alliance you'll want on a day of brunching and impromptu photo shoots around the city.
Promising review: "This is probably my most favorite dress of all time. Yes, it can expose a lot of cleavage, but just tie a black bandana on the center knot. It covers the middle area that can be prone to under- and side boob exposure. At $35 it’s a great buy and wears well — looks $$$$$. After getting the dress in black I immediate bought the green. Wish it came in more colors." —Target Customer
Get it from Target for $35 (available in sizes XS–4X and two colors).
7. The truly iconic Teva sandal you'll be dancing around in on vacation days spent sightseeing or just running errands. These have a fantastic quick-drying material perfect for le pool — and that signature strap not only looks trés cool, it's trés practical as well.
Plus, the rubber soles will come in handy on slippery surfaces!
Promising review: "Comfiest shoes on the planet. I bought them for my trip to Thailand, which included a heavy amount of walking and hiking. I now wear them all the time, even for nonadventurous activities. They are so darn comfortable, and have great grip." —Caroline V.
Get it from Amazon for $54.95+ (available in sizes 5–13 and 31 designs).
8. A two-piece midi set available in a ton of prints and patterns that are perfect for your girls day out when it's, more or less, a guarantee that it's gonna turn into a girls NIGHT out. This seems to be a regular occurrence July through September, so I suggest getting a few of these sets. You're welcome.
BuzzFeed Shopping editor Kayla Boyd raves: "I love a matching set because it takes most of the work out of putting an outfit together. And this one is such a great deal! I love how comfy and easy it is to wear. I was concerned about it being see-through, but it wasn't! It has a stretchy waist and a cute tie detail in the front of the skirt. For spring days, I just throw a denim jacket over it. And, of course, I plan to wear it all summer as well. I would 100% buy more colors in this — and there are so many to choose from!"
Get it from Amazon for $31.99+ (available in 36 styles, and sizes XL–5XL).
9. A strapless sweetheart top designed with a cute little twist front that'll be the perfect plus one to any occasion. What's even more fantastic about this style? It's the easiest way to, without sounding too grim, air out the pits while still keeping it (incredibly) classy.
Check out a TikTok of the sweetheart tank in action.
Promising review: "True to size and perfect length. The color is the pure white I wanted and looks great with denim. The knit is soft and comfortable and still thick and stretchy, so it’s not see-through. Length works great with my low rise jeans or can be tucked in for higher rises." —Cina
Get it from Amazon for $19.99 (available in sizes XS–L and 16 colors).
10. A gorgeous off-shoulder dress with subtle floral cutouts that'll feel like finding a pot of gold in your closet when the weather is best described as "sweaty."
Promising review: "I ordered the size I normally wear, and it fits great! Got it for vacation and ended up using it as a swimsuit cover-up as well; the elastic in the waist and shoulders makes it easy to get on and off." —Kira T.
Get it from Amazon for $33.99+ (available in sizes 1X–4X and 24 colors).
11. A sleeved T-shirt for a sun-shielding style, but make it chic — just what you need when you're doing an outdoor activity but want something that still looks polished paired with a mimosa at brunch. This features built-in UV protection, odor control technology, and wicks away moisture...basically you needed this, like, yesterday.
Promising review: "Withstood the Arizona heat test. I wore this on a bicycle ride under my jersey. It was 104 degrees. It was cool! I even tried one sleeve up to compare arms, and the covered one was cooler because the radiant heat of the sun was hot! I sprinkled my sleeves with water and it was really cool for a while. I got it because my skin is starting to get spots even with daily sunscreen, so I have to cover up." —Saltwater girl
Get it from Amazon for $19.95 (available in sizes XS–2XL and in 11 colors).
12. An open-back maxi dress you're destined to become fast friends with, due to the fact that this compliment magnet will keep you cool yet looking regal as heck at any and every event you attend.
Promising review: "I have been wanting this same dress from Free People but it was $118. I was leery about this considering it was much cheaper in cost but it is PERFECT! It fit absolutely perfectly. Great length too. Keep in mind you can't wear a bra with it and if you are larger-busted (I'm small, an A cup) then it may fit totally different. It's thin and lightweight but with skin-colored undies, I had no problem with lines or visibility. I'm considering buying it in another color." —Bullitt02797
Get it from Amazon for $33.99+ (available in sizes S–XL and 24 colors).
13. High-waisted paper bag shorts created with juuust the right amount of flare that won't feel like the fabric is sticking to you. Take these babies out for a spin when you feel like playing tourist in your own city — future you will thank you.
Promising review: "These shorts are SO COMFY! I thought the reviews might have been exaggerating, but they were not! Soft, stretchy, flowy, a belt that ties, they are everything a plus-size body needs! I am larger on the bottom, so I was nervous about purchasing these! I realize now that I could have gone with a smaller size, but they are so comfy in this size, I love them!" —Michele Chandler
Get them from Amazon for $22.99+ (available in sizes 16–24 and nine colors).
14. A high-cut colorblock two-piece swimsuit equally as divine as one you might find in an '80s James Bond movie. The time for *your* slo-mo, emerging-from-the-water scene (aka TikTok) is now.
See how this TikToker slays in this here.
Promising review: "I love how bright the suit is! I also like the fit of the suit, it's high-waisted but not too tight. The backside is a little cheeky but nothing wild. I also love how the straps are adjustable. I feel confident and I love myself in the suit." —Cindy Lundeberg
Get it from Amazon for $32.99+ (available in sizes S–XL and in 20 colors).
And for one that's just as vibrant and available in extended sizes, get it from Amazon for $31.99 (available in sizes 14–22 and nine colors). Because you can never have too many swimsuits in this summer's hottest new look, right?!
15. A belted T-shirt dress complete with pockets, if casual meets chic is your M.O. for any outdoor endeavor. Throw on some block heels and flashy jewels for a quick upgrade on a basic — because if pandemic fashion taught us anything, it's that comfort is *queen*.
Promising review: "The go-to dress. With a nice-weight fabric and a front tie, this very comfortable T-shirt dress is kicked up a notch into a decent-looking outfit. I love how I can just throw it on, add earrings and a pair of flats or heels, and I get compliments for being nicely dressed. I love the pockets! Whenever I take a trip, this easily packable dress comes with me. I bought gray and blue, and then this year I bought green. All are true to color." —PAM
Get it from Amazon for $26.34+ (available in sizes S–XL and 24 colors).
16. High-waisted palazzo pants that exude "I have a second home in St. Tropez" vibes. This vintage-chic style is both breezy and yet fancy enough to accompany you on a date to that rooftop restaurant you've had reservations to since last year.
Promising review: "I have never gotten pants like this before. They fit perfectly. They are fun to dance in. They make me feel like Aunt May from the recent MCU Spiderman series. A little sexy, a little retro. I will be wearing these comfortable pants to work and home — especially in the summer when the hot weather makes these light and breezy pants ideal." —Katie
Get them from Amazon for $33.99+ (available in sizes XS–2X, regular and short lengths, and 31 colors).
17. An airy buttoned up, open-back apron dress made with quality linen or cotton (your choice!) that'll feel like it was designed by magical fairies, since the size can be tailored to fit your exact measurements to a tee.
LelaSilk is a Vietnam-based Etsy biz that was established in 2017. Their store specializes in gorgeous, handmade clothing designed by a local team of artisans.
Promising review: "Absolutely gorgeous! Fits so well, and there are different buttons sewn into the dress to help adjust the size. I'm in love with this dress. I'd wear it every day if I could." —Laura B
Psst — this item ships for free!
18. A pair of high-waisted quick-dry running shorts (with pockets!) ready to upgrade your athleisure collection like *clicks fingers* that — ultra stylish on the court or in the gym. Plus, their free-flowing nature not only looks great, but they'll barely feel like you're wearing anything on 100-degree days.
BuzzFeed Shopping editor Emma Lord loves hers: "I recently bought these shorts because I'm in love with the similar ones you can get at Old Navy, but they sell out so fast. Turns out, I love these even more! I love the huge range of colors you can buy these in (at other places, they often sell out too quickly to get to pick!), love that the high-waistedness of them meets about where my running crop top ends, so I don't have to go wild with sunscreen, and love love loooooove the side pocket for my keys or face mask. I only have them in purple so far, but I'm excited to try other colors!"
Promising review: "Buy these right now! I saw these on TikTok as a dupe for a pair of Lululemon shorts. I would say the feel of these is more similar to Nike shorts than Lulu, but the cut is great, and the liner keeps them out of your nooks and crannies when working out. I have already ordered another pair! Sizing is the same as it would be with Nike shorts as well, but I prefer these to the traditional Nike shorts." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $24.19+ (available in sizes XS–3XL and 39 colors).
19. A poly-cotton blend dress just begging to be added to your comfy cute collection. And I spy a crisscross hem, meaning it's fancier than your emotional support concert tee you've been donning since what feels like the 17th century.
Promising review: "I've purchased five of these dresses. They're perfect for pretty much any occasion. I've worn it to parties, work, church, dates, and my nephew's graduation. Living in California means that I can wear this dress year round. Don't let the price fool you — this dress is well made, double lined, and the unhemmed finish at the bottom is interesting. Plus they are super easy to care for! Just toss in the washer/dryer. I've received so many compliments and 'Where'd you get that?'" —KC
Get it from Amazon for $32.99+ (available in sizes S–XL and 28 colors).
20. A halter brami (bra + cami) about to hog allll your vacation attention since it's supportive *and* complete with a fashionable neckline. This also means you can leave that uncomfy strapless bra where it belongs...in that dark, untouched corner of your Ikea dresser.
Klassy Network is a woman-owned small biz known for their Brami (bra + cami) tops. They also sell blouses, bottoms, swimwear, and eyewear.
Promising review: "I saw a video on TikTok of a top promising to be comfortable, stylish, and best of all no need to wear a bra, so I had to try it. I am a 36D; ordered the tan top in size medium. Not only does this top fit me perfectly and is super comfortable, but it also made my boobs look amazing! Once I saw the removable padding, I almost didn't buy it because we all know the terrible, flimsy, piece of foam that are in most swimsuits and sports bras, but this is nothing like that. I would say it has a 'T-shirt bra' amount of shaped memory foam. It helps to lift and support my boobs without underwires or having to be super tight. I fully intend on buying all of the colors when they restock and will be purchasing the new styles. It is a cropped shirt, but it works for my short torso and love of high waisted jeans. This is not a high- or even medium-impact sports bra; this WOULD work for yoga, Pilates, walks, date night, or the boardroom." —Christine P.
Get it from Klassy Network for $39.99 (available in sizes XXS–3X and in six colors).
21. A flowy dress that's the perfect length for when you don't feel like dressing up but know you need something quick to throw on — i.e. when you've been slumped in your WFH uniform all day and suddenly realize you've got to run to the bank before it closes (the pockets are fantastic for stashing your wallet and snacks!).
Promising review: "I love this summer dress!! It's a soft cotton feel, fits me perfectly! The best part is it has pockets!! And the adjustable straps are awesome! It is well made and very cute 💕 Will be purchasing other colors!!" —Amanda
Get it from Amazon for $23.98+ (available in sizes S–XL and in 36 colors).