1. A cooktop-cleaning kit so you can reverse any sign of old cooking mishaps. Burned-on grease and gunk from the previous homeowner's past will never haunt you in your sleep ever again, thanks to this nonscratch trio!
The kit includes a 10-ounce bottle of Cerama Bryte cooktop cleaner, one cleaning pad, and one scraper — and it works on glass, ceramic, induction, radiant, and halogen cooktop ranges.
Promising Review: "Works amazing! I hadn't thoroughly scrubbed my glass cooktop in years...Only wiped down with random multi-cleaners, which never seemed to do much. Then a friend recommended this product...AMAZING! The included scrubbers and scrapers really make the difference. As others have said it will leave your cooktop shiny and new. Even marks that had been on there for years came almost completely off...98% better. The key is to use very little product. Let dry to a haze and wipe with a clean, dry cotton towel. (Just like waxing a car). If you aren't getting a mirrored finish it's because you've used too much product and not enough elbow grease to polish off." —B. Swartwood
Get them from Amazon for $9.80.
2. An Oxo over-the-drain hair stopper, because, no, paddling your feet in a pool of water every time you shower is not the done thing. This little creation will catch clumps of hair *before* they make their way to clog up your drains.
Promising review: "I've been very impressed! It's tall enough to fit easily over my pop-up drain and (even without suction cups) the weighted top keeps it in place. I have medium-length hair and seem to shed almost as much as my cat, but the drain protector catches it all and is easily removed and tossed away. Best of all, the silicone doesn't hold on to mildew or mold. I have been able to spray and wipe away any grime with very little effort. It looks like this drain protector will last a very long time. This has been a very worthy purchase!"—Suneimi
Get it from Amazon for $11.99.
3. An old faithful carpet cleaner that works so well, you might think it's magic. Don't worry — your eyes aren't deceiving you; this formula literally clears up any evidence of (horrific) accidents, sticky soda spills, pet stains, and shoe markings from your light-colored carpet.
Promising review: "Better than the best! This stuff cleans grease off of chinos. Yes, we did purchase it to clean the rugs in our motorhome and it reliably cleans them like new as I can't convince the spouse to remove his dirty shoes. Beyond rugs be sure to try it for clothing spots as it's better than those stocked on grocery store shelves and leaves zero residue, even on chinos. Blot the moisture out, let dry, and ready to wear. If you have pets, order the large size as you'll find it indispensable. Doesn't take much to do the job, just a little spritzing, wait a few moments and rub with a clean rag or towel for rugs. My order included two bottles; one lent to a friend to try and now she won't give it back." —Sharon l. smith
Get it from Amazon for $9.73+ (available in two sizes and various multiple packs).
4. A grout pen if your tiles have become so unsightly you've forgotten what color the lines are that's separating them. (Spoiler: they're white!) You'll feel instantly gratified with how well this brightens up floors in your bathroom, backsplashes in the kitchen, or literally wherever tiles live in your home.
Promising review: "I just bought my first house and because of COVID I have not had the funds I wanted to fix it up. This was cheap and the backsplash in my new kitchen was an eyesore. I wasn't expecting much because of the price and I am absolutely stunned. My kitchen looks so much better! It was easy to use, no odor, and quick! I did two coats because the color was dark brown. Some places I did more but I didn't mind doing it because it was actually really satisfying. Definitely recommend this product!" —Kim
Get it from Amazon for $8.99+ (also available with a wide tip).
5. Wet & Forget shower cleaner, which *gasp* doesn't require you to do any scrubbing. No, seriously. Simply give the areas in your bathroom that could use some TLC a quick spray down with this...and then rinse off the next day. Plus, it only has to be used once a week!
Promising review: "This may be the best thing I have ever bought off of Amazon. And I buy quite a bit. This was something I needed and didn't even know it! Long story short, the tub in my kids' bathroom was atrocious, due to spotty cleaning and hard water. I bought this with a heavy dose of skepticism, even though the reviews were mighty impressive. On the back of the bottle it says that you may need several daily applications before your tub is clean, and then you can switch to weekly application. I'm on day three, and let me say, even if this stuff worked no further, I AM BLOWN AWAY. The shower looks close to new. A couple more days, and I'll be able to switch to weekly! I won't post pictures because I'm embarrassed of how bad it looked before. But seriously, I am SO happy to have discovered this product, and I plan to keep on using it." —Tee
Get it from Amazon for $17.97.
6. The TikTok-famous cleaning putty, which will effectively collect the dirt, debris, and dust that's lurking deep beneath your keyboard's surface. This stuff will save your WFH devices from the grave *and* take your car cleaning skills to an entirely new and exciting level.
Check it out on TikTok here.
Promising review: "This product does exactly what it says it does. I saw this product on TikTok. I was surprised at how easily it picks up dust and small debris, especially from inside of vents and cup holders. It’s also great for the though screen in my car! The only complaint is the very artificial smell when you use it. It doesn’t last, just when it’s out of the container!" —Loren
Get it from Amazon for $6.88.
7. A reusable pet hair remover so you can finally sit on your couch in your all-black outfit *without* looking like you're trying to coordinate with the messiest individual in your household: your cute little fur baby. So long to the days of incessantly attacking yourself from head to toe with the lint roller.
Promising review: "I was cautiously optimistic, but this tool is as effective as everyone is saying. My couches, and especially my recliner, look brand-new. It takes little to no effort to use. Just use it in a 'scrubbing' type motion and it catches and traps the fur (and other small debris, such as crumbs...) in the little compartment. Pop it open, empty it out. Done." —Ian K.
Get it from Amazon for $24.95.
8. A miraculous pumice stone to restore your hope if you thought deep cleaning your stained toilet was a lost cause. Simply wet the stone, gently scrub, and gross rings of horror — be gone!
Promising review: "Wow, after 10 years in our house I had pretty much given up on getting our toilets looking nice again. You have kids who forget to flush? I thought I'd have a nasty-looking toilet for the rest of time...until I discovered this tool! Holy wow, when I tell you that I have spent HOURS trying to clean the toilet before (with no results) and this thing made it SPARKLING WHITE in less than five minutes, I'm not joking! Never again will I settle for toilet rings or stained toilet bottoms. This tool will do the job for you, just scrub and it's gone!" —Lilac28
Get it from Amazon for $11.15+ (also available in packs of two and six).
9. Or! A Fluidmaster Flush ’N Sparkle bleach kit, which won't require you to do any scrubbing. Just install this cleaning + bleaching system to do all the work for you as you flush — each cartridge lasts for three months so you can have your porcelain throne looking like perfection in no time *and* for an entire season!
Promising review: “This works absolutely phenomenally. I would clean the bowl area every weekend like clockwork to remove mold or something. Our municipal water system may not inject enough chlorine to prohibit? But toilet cleaning is a breeze now!!! Works on the Koehler new low flush systems…amazing. No chlorine damage to rubber parts either like other devices! Pretty simple instructions to install." —CdrW
Get it from Amazon for $9.97.
10. Bar Keepers Friend cleanser, aka the multipurpose cleaning solution to revive every scratched-up surface that gives you a headache anytime you catch a glimpse of it. This stuff gets to work on rust, burnt grease, and even permanent marker marks, so this once daunting task can be over in mere minutes.
Promising review: "This works very well on my new stainless-steel sink. It's easy to use and leaves a nice, shiny, clean sink, so I'm happy with it. It also worked very well for cleaning the buffing compound off my new Kitchenaid mixer bowl and whipping attachment. Two applications with this product took all of the gray film off the bowl and attachment, enabling me to make cookies this morning. Still not sure about the mixer, but I definitely think the Bar Keepers Friend is a reliable product that does what it says." —courture fan
Get it from Amazon for $10.99+ (also available in a two-pack).
For more about this, check out "You Can Use This All-Purpose Cleanser To Basically Clean Your Entire House."
11. Affresh dishwasher tablets if you've never thought to deep clean the appliance that does your least favorite chore for you. All you have to do is pop one of these in to dissolve residue buildup, blast away foul odors, and get your machine cleaning dishes like it used to.
Promising review: "I’ve been using this product for a while and I’ve started to a rely on it. I first used this out of desperation. My dishwasher was broken from a fried control panel. I eventually replaced the panel. I opened the dishwasher and it was fairly gross. A little stagnant water gave way to some mold. I found this product and figured I’d give it a shot. I did need to use this two or three times before the dishwasher was cleaned and usable. But I find that a major win considering the shape it was in beforehand. Now I use it every month or two and I have to say way easier than cleaning by hand. Definitely worth the price I paid." —Justin
Get a pack of six tablets from Amazon for $8.99 (also available in a pack of 12).
12. And some for your washing machine, because laundry day doesn't have to stink. These fast-acting tablets eradicate funky smells and nasty buildup from the edges of the drum in just a couple of cycles.
Promising review: "So impressive! These tablets really get rid of the funk smell in your washer. I use one on the factory setting for tub wash on my washer and then after that, run a regular cycle to make sure all the tablet residue is gone. Once a month is all it takes! Big difference!" —Bendy W
Get it from Amazon for $6.99+ (available in packs of three, five, and six).
13. Microfiber glass-cleaning cloths you can count on to dust down tricky light fixtures that are notorious for gathering gunk. These'll make your home *glow* once again and they won't leave fibers behind — because streaks have no place on your glassware any longer.
Promising review: "I’ve tried everything to clean my pendant lights. The grease from the kitchen just gets on them and using regular cleaning liquids just smears it. I was very doubtful in using these towels but decided to give it a shot. With water ONLY these lights were cleaned in the matter of minutes. I would def recommend these towels." —The Muryns
Get a pack of eight from Amazon for $16.98.