We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Super effective reusable mop pads that'll a) replace the need for the one-time-use (aka wasteful) refills you usually buy for your fancy wet mop and b) not only cut through but grip onto stubborn grime found in the grooves and crevices of your floors.
These are machine washable and work wonders on wood, tile, laminate, and vinyl floors!
Turbo Mops is a small business that was established in 2018, and believes a clean home can be achieved in both an eco-conscious and cost-effective way. Their products are reusable and fit many different types of mops, so you can spend less *and* waste less on disposable products.
Promising review: "If you haven’t purchased this item, you are missing out on a goldmine!!! These pads are well worth the price...so much better than the disposables that are utilized with the Swiffer mop. One use and you will be delighted! It is life-altering when you see the change in your floors. I already ordered a second pack to use upstairs. If a cleaning product can make you smile, this is it!!!" —Lexie
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $7.84 (also available in packs of four and eight).
2. The TikTok-famous Pink Stuff all-purpose paste to magically clean practically anything and everything in your home — and even in your closet! This potion in a paste reverses wall scuffs, cooked-on grease, soap scum, and whatever else that could use a little abracadabra alakazam.
Promising reviews: "My floor didn't looks clean no matter what I cleaned it with. I got The Pink Stuff to try on the floor and it worked, which had me smiling." —Geeta Chankasingh
"Busy mom of three littles. I live to find the next best cleaning product that will make my life easier. This is it! Cleans marks off walls. Stains in sinks or tubs. Hard water spot on shower fixtures! Takes care of it all!!" —AmandaKelley06
Get it from Amazon for $5.97.
3. An Oxo over-the-drain hair stopper that'll certainly make you do a happy shower dance (now without the pool of soapy water beneath your feet). This little creation works like a magnet for hair and captures clumps *before* they make their way to clog up your drains.
Promising reviews: "This thing WORKS! Spend the money and smile 😊. I'm African American. I have twisting winding curly hair and I had the issue of shed hair going down the drain, clumping, and blocking draining of water flow and producing almost a bat- like level of water in tub whenever I showered. I cleaned my drain and purchased this. It has NO suction power BUT with my tub faucet on full strength it doesn't wash away to the back of tub. All the hair simply stops and collects at the drain protecter allowing me to simply wipe it off and throw away hair. NO MORE CLOGS!! EZPZ!" —Amazon Customer
"This has been my saving grace!! No longer do I have to routinely pull three-foot-long strands of old goopy hair up out of my drain. Catches everything. Must-have for pop-up drains!!" —Chels
Get it from Amazon for $11.99.
4. A grout pen if your tiles have become so unsightly you've forgotten what color the lines that separate them are. (Spoiler: they're white!) You'll feel instantly gratified with how well this brightens up floors in your bathroom, backsplashes in the kitchen, or literally wherever tiles live in your home.
Promising reviews: "We have an old house that we’re renovating and aren’t up to replacing the many MANY square feet of awful tile that some previous owner felt was a great idea. The grout is dingy, far past bleaching (I’ve tried) and even totally missing in spots. Do these pens replace the missing grout? No. Do they fix anything? No. Do they make it esthetically ok? Absolutely. It was a TOTAL facelift to these areas. I smile every time I walk in. It’s a great Band-Aid until we can redo this flooring. It’s very time consuming, you obviously have to manually draw over every single grout line...but anything worth having is worth working a bit for." —Amanda
"I just bought my first house and because of COVID I have not had the funds I wanted to fix it up. This was cheap and the backsplash in my new kitchen was an eyesore. I wasn't expecting much because of the price and I am absolutely stunned. My kitchen looks so much better! It was easy to use, no odor, and quick! I did two coats because the color was dark brown. Some places I did more but I didn't mind doing it because it was actually really satisfying. Definitely recommend this product!" —Kim
Get it from Amazon for $8.99+ (also available with a wide tip).
5. A top-selling stain- and odor-eliminating spray for stenches that make you say pee-yew. Perfect if you have a pet that's known for leaving mysterious stains in their wake — this stuff lifts away dirt and grime and releases enzymes to break down deep and persistent odors.
Hey! You can also use this on clothes and other surfaces like concrete and hardwood. Just be sure to follow the instructions carefully for noncarpet use.
Rocco & Roxie is a family-owned small business named after the Magleby family's pets Rocco, a Labradoodle, and Roxie, a former shelter tabby cat. They make a variety of pet supplies, including cleaners, treats, grooming tools, accessories, and toys.
Promising reviews: "Ok, first of all, I don’t ever waste my time giving reviews but I had to with this one. I had a huge stain from turmeric on my carpet, I mean huge. I tried everything you can imagine, nothing worked and it’s a very expensive carpet. It made me sick just thinking about having to replace it. So I said let me check Amazon to see reviews on the best remover. I got this one home, sprayed it on my carpet and like magic the stain had totally gone. I can’t stop smiling thank you so much for your product and finally getting something where it was just as described. You really came through on this one." —lisa king
Get it from Amazon for $19.97.
Check out our in-depth Rocco & Roxie Professional Strength Stain & Odor Eliminator review for more!
6. A jewelry cleaning stick to transform your tarnished accessories and make them dazzle once again before your very eyes — and all without the hefty cleaning fee.
Promising reviews: "Ok, so I'm the type who does not write reviews...two babies at home, very little time. However, I DO read reviews like wild prior to purchasing items. This cleaner is an ABSOLUTE GEM!!! Works just like every review said it would. It has my jewelry sparkling like brand-new and has me scrounging for extra moments here and there to clean more pieces! It brings a huge smile to my face when I see the results...this is a must have...it will make you happy to see your jewels sparkle!!" —Mommy's way
"I needed something to clean my engagement ring before my wedding day and ordered this because I didn't think I'd be able to get into a jewelry store to have it cleaned. This thing worked wonders. My ring was getting pretty dirty (I work out in my ring, I cook with it on, it get soap all over it)...it gets a beating and needed a cleaning badly. This was so great. My mom saw how nicely it made my ring sparkle and we tried it on her wedding, anniversary, and engagement bands (which probably hadn't been cleaned in well over five years) and the difference as we cleaned was astonishing. This stuff is powerful, the bristles get into the little crevices, and I can't recommend this product enough." —Elizabeth Holihan
Get it from Amazon for $8.03 (also available in multipacks).
7. A PowerDash carpet cleaner that will reverse years of filth by sucking up sticky soda spills, pet stains, and caked-in marks. This Hoover even comes with a cleaning solution to tackle tough messes and leave your carpet sparkling clear from discolorations.
Promising reviews: "I love love love this machine. Big smile on my face and my carpet looks great. I highly recommend. Did my area rug too. The secret is to keep it clean after every job. After each room I cleaned it completely." —Leslie M. Burris
"I freaking love this thing. It's small but extremely powerful! The soap that comes with it is excellent! When I ran out I bought a gallon of it! The amount of cat hair this thing sucks up is wild! I'm six months pregnant and have absolutely no trouble with this thing. It snaps together easily to fill and change water. I wish I could give it 10 stars." —Bee Fowler
Get it from Amazon for $89.99.
8. An all-natural yoga mat spray here to give your once-clean mat a deep and well-deserved detox. Sweat...footprints...whatever, this nontoxic substance will tackle leftover residue from your weekly asanas without any harsh chemicals. It's just a bonus that you'll be able to breathe in the delightful scent of lavender the next time you're in child's pose!
Asutra is a WOC-owned business in which Venus Williams is part owner and chief brand officer (!!), making natural self-care products at an accessible price point. The products are made with organic plants, minerals, and essential oils and do not contain parabens, phthalates, or petroleum. This mat spray is made with tea tree oil to help kill bacteria on the mat. It also comes with a microfiber towel to help you clean.
Promising reviews: "I couldn't ask for more. It cleaned our yoga mats really well, leaving a refreshing feeling that will make you smile. Every spray brings me to my shavasana memory with a cold face towel after each hot yoga practice. I love it!" —The Happy Couple
"Powerful natural and nontoxic cleaner! This natural mat cleaner works great on my yoga mat after sweaty Bikram yoga classes and doesn't have the chemical odor of other cleaners. It really takes the sweat-related odors out of the mat and leaves it smelling like relaxing lavender. Because the lavender scent is natural, it is pretty strong, so I advise you to clean your mat outside of the yoga studio or in the comfort of your own home so you won't affect others' senses. Thank you for making a natural nontoxic yoga mat spray!" —Chandler
Get it from Amazon for $12.74+ (available in seven scents and in multipacks).
9. A reusable pet hair remover so you can finally sit on your couch in your all-black outfit *without* looking like you're trying to coordinate with the messiest individual in your household: your cute little fur baby. So long to the days of incessantly attacking yourself from head to toe with the lint roller.
Promising reviews: "Worked like it's supposed to! How often does that happen? My couch is now as hairless as it was the day I bought it! You should see my smile!" —B
"I bought this because I was at my wit's end with cat hair. I have two cats that shed like wild. I first tried this out on my comforter and was disgusted and shocked by how much cat hair was accumulated on my bed. I got to work and started rolling every piece of furniture and cloth surface in my apartment and it was so satisfying to see all the cat hair be removed. Some of it was invisible too 🤢. And it also works on clothes! I added a picture after trying it on my coat I hadn’t seen it that lint free in ages. This is the best $25 I’ve spent in a while lol. I was a little taken aback by the price but honestly it’s so worth it considering I don’t have to buy disposable lint rollers anymore which are annoying and time-consuming to use, and they don’t pick up as much lint as they should. This is definitely a must-have if you have pets!!" —Jen H.
Get it from Amazon for $28.95.
10. A miraculous pumice stone to restore your hope if you thought deep cleaning your stained toilet was a lost cause. Simply wet the stone, gently scrub, and gross rings of horror — be gone!
Promising reviews: "My wife used it on our toilets to remove what appeared to be some rust sediment due to hydrant flushing. She said it worked well and took about five minutes to clean each toilet. To put in the right perspective — she was smiling when it worked as advertised." —IT Lifer
"Wow, after 10 years in our house I had pretty much given up on getting our toilets looking nice again. You have kids who forget to flush? I thought I'd have a nasty-looking toilet for the rest of time...until I discovered this tool! Holy wow, when I tell you that I have spent HOURS trying to clean the toilet before (with no results) and this thing made it SPARKLING WHITE in less than five minutes, I'm not joking! Never again will I settle for toilet rings or stained toilet bottoms. This tool will do the job for you — just scrub and it's gone!" —Lilac28
Get it from Amazon for $11.18.
11. An all-purpose, all-natural scour paste some may call "essential" to clean up mysterious grime and dirt buildup. All you need is a tablespoon of this, a cloth, and presto! That murky film in sinks, showers, and ovens will be yesterday's news.
Humble Suds is a Denver-based Etsy shop creating plant-based cleaning solutions that are safe, effective, and come in cute packaging (bonus!).
BuzzFeed Shopping writer Danielle Healy uses this stuff and says: "Shortly after moving in to our current apartment, my partner and I went to store something on top of the kitchen cabinets only to find them caked in a thick layer of grime. After going at it with regular multipurpose cleaner (with little success) we broke out the scour paste as a last-ditch effort and OH BOY did this miracle product deliver (pics above). Years of neglect were wiped away in minutes, putting a smile on this little clean freak's face. Since then, it has become a go-to for dealing with tougher-than-average messes like soap scum and burnt-on food, and it's yet to disappoint. Plus, it smells delightful and comes in minimal, low-waste packaging!"
Promising review: "This product is absolutely AMAZING! We just moved into a new apartment that was left with some problem areas in the bathtub and on the stove. It got out ALL of the stains and scum that literally no other cleaner could even touch. I wish I could add the before and after! 10/10 would recommend!" —Etsy Customer
12. A screen-cleaning kit that'll keep your TV and computer screens looking their best instead of riddled with filth and dust. There's no alcohol or ammonia in this either, so you don't have to worry about scratching up surfaces or leaving any streaks. Finally, sports and reality TV look so much clearer!
This kit includes: a microfiber cleaning cloth plus the cleaning solution!
Promising review: "With a big smile on my face, I can tell you I have received it. With a bigger smile on my face, I can tell you that I have used it on my TV screen, my laptop screen, my iPad screen, and my phone screen. They all look brand-new, as if they had never been touched, not a streak, not a mark, not a shadow! I have not been this pleased with an online order ever. Thank you so much for making such a wonderful product and for caring about my feedback." —Discriminating Reader
Get the kit from Amazon for $19.97.
13. A power scrubber set with three attachment brushes to show kitchen and bathroom scum who's boss. Just attach any of the heads to a drill and watch them get to work on tight corners of the tub, flat tiled surfaces, and even spot jobs so you can forget all about the fact that someone else used to use your shower.
This set contains three different-sized and -shaped brushes to meet different needs.
Promising Reviews: "Great addition to your cleaning tools. Awesome for getting into those deep areas especially the shower or tub. I also used one of the brush heads to clean the glass stove top which had been stained from all the use in the last 12 years. Just those stubborn spots that are hard to get off." —Amazon Customer
"I used one of the brushes last night to clean up my shower. I was smiling when I got done." —Jon
Get it from Amazon for $15.95+ (available in six levels of brush stiffness from soft [the white one] to ultra [the black bristle]).