1. Wet & Forget shower cleaner, which *gasp* doesn't require you to do any scrubbing. No, seriously. Simply give the areas in your bathroom that could use some TLC a quick spray down with this...and then rinse off the next day. Plus, it only has to be used once a week!
Promising review: "I wish I took before and after pictures because the results are unbelievable with no scrubbing or elbow grease. We have a stone floor/wall shower with stupid large and annoyingly mold-prone grout lines. I used it per the directions and rinsed with hot hot water the next morning, and couldn’t believe all the crap that rinsed off. Seriously worth every penny!" —Kate
Get it from Amazon for $18.48.
2. Super effective reusable mop pads that'll a) replace the need for the one-time use (aka wasteful) refills you usually buy for your fancy wet mop and b) not only cut through but grip onto stubborn grime found in the grooves and crevices of your floors.
These are machine washable and work wonders on wood, tile, laminate, and vinyl floors!
Turbo Mops is a small business that was established in 2018, and believes a clean home can be achieved in both an eco-conscious and cost-effective way. Their products are reusable and fit many different types of mops, so you can spend less *and* waste less on disposable products.
Promising review: "I truly love these!! They adhere very well to my Swiffer mop. They cleaned my floor better than the Swiffer mop pads and the fact that they are reusable clenched the deal for me!! I'm going to buy more so I can rotate them and always have clean ones on hand. I will be saving so much money and the planet at the same time!!!" —Kimberly L
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $14.20 (also available in packs of four and eight).
3. A top-rated mold and mildew removal gel to banish gunk in your grout and dark spots along silicone caulk. Your bathroom surfaces will shine once again after one overnight application of this. And before you saying anything — nope, no scrubbing necessary. I know, right?!
Former BuzzFeed Shopping editor Kayla Suazo uses this and raves: "This mildew remover can destroy any stain in its path — I would know, that is (sadly) my moldy ol' shower above. OK, before you go and judge me, I'd like to defend myself and say that my building is really old. When I moved into my apartment, it looked like there hadn't been repairs since the '60s, and that included re-caulking the bathtub. I tried bleach and every type of shower cleaner at the store, but nothing removed the mold and mildew stains that had been there for like, 40 years. UNTIL I BOUGHT THIS INCREDIBLE MAGIC GEL. The before and after pictures speak for themselves, and were taken after only one treatment. I am one happy customer."
Get it from Amazon for $13.99.
4. A stackable cutlery organizer that will *cue hallelujah music* tidy up your once-nightmarish kitchen drawers, and finally arrange silverware so you can open and close said drawers with ease. Goodbye to the days of hodgepodge storage that was jammed with extra knives that your roomie insisted would fit!
One tray fits up to 24 pieces of cutlery.
Promising review: "THE BEST silverware storage organizer compartments I’ve EVER had in my entire life! We have a large family and therefore have the need for a lot of silverware. Unfortunately we have a small, shallow, and narrow drawer in our house and it was always full! Constantly disorganized before, and now amazingly organized. The only reason I would hesitate would be if your drawer is not adequately deep, but from reading reviews people said if they had 3.5 inches of depth it would be just fine which is exactly what I have and there’s adequate drawer depth for me. I measured my skinny drawer and realized I still had space for two units and took the plunge and am so glad I did! Silverware goes quickly from the dishwasher straight into the drawer and you don’t have to stack perfectly to put a lot in!!! ADD IT TO YOUR CART NOW, you’ll be glad you did if you have the same problem as we did!" —oceantiff
Get it from Amazon for $11.44.
5. A cooktop cleaning kit so you can reverse any sign of old cooking mishaps. Burned-on grease and gunk from the previous homeowner's past will never haunt you in your sleep ever again, thanks to this nonscratch trio!
The kit includes a 10-ounce bottle of Cerama Bryte cooktop cleaner, one cleaning pad, and one scraper — and it works on glass, ceramic, induction, radiant, and halogen cooktop ranges.
Promising Review: "Works amazing! I hadn't thoroughly scrubbed my glass cooktop in years...only wiped down with random multicleaners, which never seemed to do much. Then a friend recommended this product...AMAZING! The included scrubbers and scrapers really make the difference. As others have said it will leave your cooktop shiny and new. Even marks that had been on there for years came almost completely off...98% better. The key is to use very little product. Let dry to a haze and wipe with a clean, dry cotton towel. (Just like waxing a car). If you aren't getting a mirrored finish it's because you've used too much product and not enough elbow grease to polish off." —B. Swartwood
Get it from Amazon for $11.37.
6. A pack of pet stain-removing pads that hellooo...? are literally genius because they require little to no work on your end. Here's why: You simply lay 'em over a spot of...I don't know...let's say, pee, poop, or even vomit perhaps, stomp on them (yes, STOMP) to activate their cleaning agents, let 'em soak, and presto — stain begone!
Psst! They work on red wine, too!
Promising review: "WOW! Honestly, I was a little skeptical of the promise of these pads, but I bought them just to try out. THEY WORKED AMAZINGLY WELL! Seriously. I have some stains that are 1.5–2 years old. I've tried everything to get them out. I put these pads on the stains (two to cover the spot), let sit for about an hour, pulled them up, and the stain was gone. I truly couldn't believe it. The pad was yellow. Somehow the old urine was soaked up into the pad. My carpet looks like new. I couldn't recommend these any higher for what I wanted and what I got. Wish I could give this more than 5 stars." —Matt
Get a pack of 20 from Amazon for $24.99.
7. Affresh dishwasher tablets if you've never thought to deep clean the appliance that does your least favorite chore for you. All you have to do is pop one of these in to dissolve residue buildup, blast away foul odors, and get your machine cleaning dishes like it used to.
Promising review: "I’ve been using this product for a while and I’ve started to a rely on it. I first used this out of desperation. My dishwasher was broken from a fried control panel. I eventually replaced the panel. I opened the dishwasher and it was fairly gross. A little stagnant water gave way to some mold. I found this product and figured I’d give it a shot. I did need to use this two or three times before the dishwasher was cleaned and usable. But I find that a major win considering the shape it was in beforehand. Now I use it every month or two and I have to say way easier than cleaning by hand. Definitely worth the price I paid." —Justin
Get a pack of six tablets from Amazon for $8.99.
8. A reusable pet hair remover so you can finally sit on your couch in your all-black outfit *without* looking like you're trying to coordinate with the messiest individual in your household: your cute little fur baby. So long to the days of incessantly attacking yourself from head to toe with the lint roller.
Promising review: "I bought this because I was at my wit's end with cat hair. I have two cats that shed like wild. I first tried this out on my comforter and was disgusted and shocked by how much cat hair was accumulated on my bed. I got to work and started rolling every piece of furniture and cloth surface in my apartment and it was so satisfying to see all the cat hair be removed. Some of it was invisible too 🤢. And it also works on clothes! I added a picture after trying it on my coat I hadn’t seen it that lint free in ages. This is the best $25 I’ve spent in a while lol. I was a little taken back by the price but honestly it’s so worth it considering I don’t have to buy disposable lint rollers anymore which are annoying and time-consuming to use, and they don’t pick up as much lint as they should. This is definitely a must-have if you have pets!!" —Jen H.
Get it from Amazon for $27.95.
9. A set of shelf bins to transform your chaotic mess of groceries into a fridge worthy of making an appearance on MTV's Cribs. And if you live with forgetful housemates, you'll actually be able to see what you're stocked up on, so they don't end up piling in doubles of the things they already bought last week.
The set includes: five drawers and one egg holder.
Promising review: "I’m in love! I don’t know if it's my obsession with being organized but it’s a game-changer! No longer trying to reach for stuff in the back of the fridge and knock over a bunch of stuff in the process. I just slide it out grab what I want and slide it back!" —Libbey Durkee
Get a six pack from Amazon for $22.99 (also available in packs of 12).
10. An old faithful carpet cleaner that works so well, you might think it's magic. Don't worry — your eyes aren't deceiving you; this formula literally clears up any evidence of (horrific) accidents, sticky soda spills, pet stains, and shoe markings from your light-colored carpet.
Promising review: "Better than the best! This stuff cleans grease off of chinos. Yes, we did purchase it to clean the rugs in our motorhome, and it reliably cleans them like new, as I can't convince the spouse to remove his dirty shoes. Beyond rugs, be sure to try it for clothing spots, as it's better than those stocked on grocery store shelves and leaves zero residue, even on chinos. Blot the moisture out, let dry, and it's ready to wear. If you have pets, order the large size, as you'll find it indispensable. Doesn't take much to do the job, just a little spritzing; wait a few moments, and rub with a clean rag or towel for rugs. My order included two bottles; one lent to a friend to try and now she won't give it back." —Sharon l. smith
Get it from Amazon for $12.17 (also available in multiple packs).