1. To start off, try to order vegetarian when you get takeout or go to a restaurant.
2. Or conversely, try to avoid buying meat when you go to the grocery store, so that you're only having meat when you're not at home.
3. Head to Pinterest and explore all the options out there.
4. Take your time figuring out which foods you like.
5. Don't think you have to give up all your comfort foods.
6. Find a filling source of protein that works for you.
7. Bear in mind that you might not miss the taste of meat, but rather the sauces and seasonings you put on it.
8. Cut out meats gradually, and start by having a few meatless days in the week.
9. Add foods to your diet before taking any away.
10. Treat meat as a side rather than the main event.
11. Find some swaps that you actually like, whether that involves meat substitutes or vegetables.
12. Try to have one completely vegetarian meal a day.
13. Make sure to keep trying new recipes.
14. When eating out, try cuisines where there's a lot of vegetarian options like Indian or Mexican food.
15. Do some online research so that you're not just eating your regular meals minus the meat.
Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.