2. You live in fear of them breaking, because these things aren’t cheap.
3. But you do spend a fair bit of time thinking about the lovely new ones you’ll buy when your current ones give up the ghost.
5. Because you wouldn’t dream of going on holiday without your beloved. You even have a little case for them.
6. You’ve experienced the embarrassment of using your straighteners for a full ten minutes without noticing they’re turned off.
“Why did these become shit overnight have they broken oh my god this is…nope. Nope. My bad. Continue”.
7. In your moments of impatience, you’ve tried to straighten it when it’s still kind of wet.
And it’s never been a good idea.
8. You know straightening your hair in the morning is a big commitment, because once you’ve started you can’t go back.
9. You’re unimpressed when you have to use straighteners that aren’t the exact same as the ones you have.
“What the hell are these, my hair is accustomed to FINERY!” you scream internally, and then you use them anyway because rubbish straighteners are better than no straighteners.
10. Or when you go to the hairdressers but they straighten it so differently.
11. Years of straightening experience means that nowadays you never forget to do the back.
13. Nothing disheartens you like seeing it’s raining outside just after you’ve straightened your hair.
15. But if needs be, you will go to great lengths to protect your hair from the elements.
16. These are your best friends when it comes to doing your hair in the morning.
All that straightening involves a lot of sectioning.