We recently asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to tell us which moments from Gilmore Girls were actually problematic. Here are some of their responses!
1. When Jess tries to pressure Rory into sex and gets annoyed at her for saying no.
2. When Lorelai refers to Rory as "the good kid" when she finds out Paris isn't a virgin anymore.
3. When Rory throws around the "r" word.
4. And when she criticises another student's "fat thighs".
5. The fact that there's hardly any POC in the show.
6. When Sookie forces Jackson to get a vasectomy and then when he doesn't get one without telling her, resulting in her getting pregnant.
7. The many, many homophobic "jokes".
8. When Lorelai makes an "Asia" at home for Rory that mashes together loads of cultures.
9. When Lorelai and Rory are cruel about random people's bodies while sitting by the pool.
10. When Rory's review of a ballet involves some body-shaming comments about the dancer.
11. All the stereotyping of Mrs. Kim.
12. The whole "slim women who love eating junk food but never gain weight" trope that's used throughout the series.
13. When Dean tries to pressure Rory into saying "I love you" and was just really possessive in general.
14. The entire character of Berta in the revival.
15. The unhealthy jealousy both Luke and Christopher show, that's played off as normal.
16. When characters were really chilled out about drunk driving.
17. And when Luke freaks out because a woman is breastfeeding in the coffee shop.
Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.