19 Book Adaptation Inaccuracies That Seriously Pissed People Off
Some of these changed the whole point of the story.
1. The second half of The Lovely Bones having so much emphasis on Susie's dad looking for her killer, making it seem more like a murder mystery.
2. Changing the ending of Inkheart in such a way that there wouldn't be scope for sequels based on the subsequent books in the trilogy.
3. Setting The Girl on the Train in New York.
4. Making the end of The Dark Tower much less dark.
5. Having Voldermort disintegrate at the end of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2.
6. Alice having a vision at the end of Twilight: Breaking Dawn, when she's not meant to be able to have visions that include the werewolves.
7. Making the characters older in the Percy Jackson movies.
8. Pretty much everything about Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children.
9. Making the plot of Ella Enchanted about an uncle who doesn't exist in the books.
10. Cramming two books into one in Queen of the Damned.
11. Completely changing the ending of My Sister's Keeper.
12. Giving the dad amnesia in the movie of A Little Princess, even though in the books he dies and she gets adopted.
13. Casting Fred and Serena in The Handmaid's Tale as quite a bit younger than they were described.
14. Sookie not marrying Sam on True Blood.
15. Altering the ending of The Golden Compass and messing up the order of the books so that it's not set up for the next story.
16. Peeta never losing his leg in The Hunger Games.
17. Harry Potter's parents always looking in their forties in the films despite being in their early twenties when they died.
18. Merging two characters from the Water for Elephants book into one person in the movie.
19. Dragging out Ezra and Aria's relationship on Pretty Little Liars.
Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.