1. "I'm a tax consultant at a big-four accounting firm."
2. "Back then I always wanted to work in the music industry…and now I do!"
3. "I joined a sorority and got a degree in special education.”
4. "I’m now (almost) 28, married, and raising two fabulous little girls."
"My oldest is four, and we occasionally will turn up the music and she’ll dance like my former scene-kid self. Not going to lie, I’d still be at Warped Tour if there was on-site childcare. I don’t think my emo side will ever fully fade." –Submitted by hessley.
5. "I'm an award-winning baker, I breed and raise aquatic snails, and work in a spa."
6. "I'm married and a hairstylist".
7. "Now I’m 20, and in my second year of vet school."
8. "I'm about to graduate from the University of Michigan with a degree in movement science, with a concentration in biomechanics."
9. "I'm a mom of three wonderful children while currently pursuing my degree in computer science and working full time at a tech start-up."
10. "I’m now married and a stay-at-home mom to a 17-month-old."
12. "All that hair and makeup practice back then really helped me become the hairstylist and makeup artist that I am today!"
13. "Even though I got a grown-up job at a bank I never compromised my emo style!"
14. "I’m bartending now instead of working at Hot Topic, and just enjoying my life in the big ol' city of Chicago."
15. "Here I am doing a seminar on goals and failure."
16. "I work in an office job doing admin work. Listening to screamo music gives me a sore head and I don’t even own black eyeliner anymore."
17. "I'm a 21-year-old college graduate working for a TV show in NYC."
18. "I'm now a 25-year-old nurse and proud owner of two wonderful dogs."
"I still wouldn't change a thing about my teenage years and still follow Fall Out Boy around." –Submitted by Eveline Claeys via email.
19. "I'm on my third year of dispatching for our local police/fire department, and still listen to Saosin, Motion City Soundtrack, and those catchy Yellowcard songs!"
20. "I graduated from college with two degrees and now work for a school district on the accounting side, but my inner emo is still there."
21. "I keep my emo spirit alive by photographing local bands in my free time."
22. "I'm a mom to a beautiful 3-year-old girl, working full time at a children’s hospital, and going to get my paramedics license."
23. "I'm engaged, majoring in music education and still a bit emo".
"My shoes are still either a choice of black combat boots or black vans." –Submitted by Monica Jensen via email.
24. "I’m working at a children’s museum".
25. "I'm a post-production assistant and trainee editor."
26. "I'm working towards an associates degree in mortuary science."
Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.