19 Little Tricks Guaranteed To Get Your Kids To Read
Here's how to inspire a love for reading books in your children.
1. Let them stay up later at night if they read.
2. Get them a "book buddy."
3. Have them read the book before the movie adaptation.
4. Use funny voices when reading aloud.
5. Reward them with books instead of toys.
6. Limit TV and computer access.
7. Take them to bookstore release parties.
8. And to the library.
9. Play audiobooks for them.
10. Let them pick out their own books.
11. Read to them every night.
12. Touch each word on the page as you read to them.
13. Participate in summer reading programs.
14. Keep a collection of books at home.
15. Have discussions about the books they read.
16. Make bets about a book.
17. Take turns reading to each other.
18. Start as early as possible.
19. Set an example with your own love for reading.
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.