2. Before Friday’s ceremony, many writers took to Twitter to express their feelings about Trump’s inauguration.
3. J.K. Rowling referred to the inauguration as a “dreadful thing” she had imagined to be impossible.
4. Stephen King wished for someone else to take Trump’s place.
5. He also said we are entering the “Age of Dumb.”
7. Judy Blume said she would not be watching the inauguration ceremony for the first time.
8. Amy Tan made a joke about the apocalypse.
9. Margaret Atwood announced she would be participating in the Women’s March in Toronto.
10. Ayelet Waldman pledged resistance for the next four years.
11. Roxane Gay mentioned how badly she had wanted to see Hillary Clinton inaugurated instead.
12. Gary Shteyngart called the inauguration an “evangelical Eurovision contest.”
13. Maureen Johnson recommended not watching the ceremony as a way to “send a message.”
14. But she also said that it was a time for unity.
15. Jodi Picoult talked about setting up solar panels during Trump’s speech and how it seemed like a metaphor.
16. Brad Thor said he felt blessed to “live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.”
17. Sarah Dessen tweeted a reminder about self-care.
18. And Cheryl Strayed shared a poster about resilience.
- The Trump administration has proposed "massive tax cuts" that would cut taxes across the board for people and businesses.
- President Trump has signed an executive order that calls into questions national monument designations made in the past two decades.
- Venezuelans are trying to crowdfund money to leave the country amid food shortages and political unrest.
- Get ready for nonstop live video on Twitter. The platform is aiming to stream sports, news, and entertainment 24/7 📺📲