1. When Rick (Andrew Lincoln), Daryl (Norman Reedus), Glenn (Steven Yeun), Bob (Lawrence Gilliard Jr.), Sam (Robin Lord Taylor), and three red shirts were helpless lambs waiting to be slaughtered.
Gruesome, terrifying, and insanely violent. Plus, that bat to the head was just adding insult to injury.
2. When Carol (Melissa McBride) made the luckiest shot in the history of time to blow up the gas tanker with a firework.
3. When Carol covered herself in zombie guts to infiltrate Terminus.
4. When Tyreese (Chad L. Coleman) was oh-so-very-wrong.
5. When this crazy asshole got eaten.
6. When Carol and Mary (Denise Crosby) had a brutal fight.
And when the show knew tension-building music was not necessary because their guttural screams were nail-biting enough.
7. When Mary revealed how Terminus turned from peaceful refuge into a cannibalistic monstrosity.
"The signs, they were real. It was a sanctuary. People came and took this place. And they raped and they killed and they laughed — over weeks. But we got out. And we fought and we got it back. And we heard the message: You're the butcher or you're the cattle."