1. The original pitch for the movie was out of this world.
2. Beyoncé and Maggie Gyllenhaal auditioned.
3. Parker Posey struggled with her (iconic) role.
4. None of the brands featured in the film paid for placement.
5. The film's music has major star power behind it.
6. Selling the movie was tougher than expected.
7. But Josie and the Pussycats wouldn't die.
Jarett Wieselman is a senior entertainment editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in Los Angeles. Wieselman writes about and reports on the television industry.
Contact Jarett Wieselman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.