1. We are not a part of Mexico.
2. We are not Corpus Christi.
3. Our Stripes tacos dominate all Stripes tacos.
4. We do speak English.
5. We like H-E-B. Wal-Mart is for fools.
6. We eat raspas. Not "snow cones." Whatever those are.
7. We're not overrun by the drug cartel.
8. Some people call us the cheapest place to live in the country. Oh, wait. That's fact.
9. Our population’s around 1.5 million, which means we’re larger than Hawaii, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Montana, Delaware, South Dakota, Alaska and North Dakota.
10. We don't pay a cent to have fun.
11. We grow corn, cotton, sugar cane, and a whole bunch of stuff your life would suck without.
12. And we do wind power. A lot of it.
13. We even grow celebrities, like Freddy Fender.
14. And Kris Kristofferson.
15. We also throw the nation's largest beach party.
16. We're one of the best places for bird watching in the country, y'all.
17. We are the authority on all things pan dulce.
18. You don't serve free chips and salsa at your restaurant? We're walking out.
19. We ride horses, raise livestock and go to the Mercedes Livestock Show, because we've all got a little "country" in us.
20. If you don't like us, we don't care.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!