11. This still makes you cringe.
Yes this is legitimate, and yes it was featured on the old VH1 show Web Junk 20, and yes it has been a constant sore spot.
I apologize fellow Mountaineers for dredging this back up. Track me down and I’ll buy you a beer to help you forget.*
*Yeah, that’s probably not going to happen.
14. And that Boone Bagelry is the best hangover cure ever.
I need to stop writing about food because my stomach is growling for a Bagelicious overstuffed.
Heaven. On. Earth.
17. So will this one.
Helping win two national championships and beating Michigan should give you a statue on campus.
(Authors Note: I have mad love for Armanti, and am therefore horribly biased, so I don’t want to hear about how he shouldn’t have been drafted by the Panthers and blah blah blah. Haters gonna hate, you guys.)
23. You made treks to Blowing Rock to be able to drink liquor.
This is for those who were there pre-fall 2008, when Boone still did not have liquor by the drink, so if you wanted to have a cocktail in a bar or restaurant you had to travel to Blowing Rock to do so.
26. You weren’t just a number.
This is a little corny, but for as big as ASU has gotten (and it is still by no means huge) class sizes are small (except for like Intro. to Biology and those other GE classes). And the professors are incredible. I’m sure that’s something you can find at a lot of colleges, but there’s something about the relationships you establish at App. with faculty, staff, and students (that continue on once you leave) that are just really damn special.
33. You bought a story from Joshua Watauga.
Joshua was a staple on King Street when I was at Appalachian and he was one of the kindest, sweetest souls I have ever met.
He would sell handwritten stories and poems and magic stones. He was absolutely lovely and is dearly missed.
37. You took advantage of the outdoor programs the university offered.
And if you didn’t then what the hell was wrong with you?!
From camping, to backpacking, to caving, to rock climbing, etc. the programs they offered were incredible and pretty affordable.
Best outdoor school. Hands down. Brevard, you’ve got nothing on us.
38. You were surrounded by good looking people.
I don’t know if it’s the amount of athletic opportunities present at App. or the fresh mountain air, but damn there are some really good looking people at ASU. Whether it be students, professors, or staff Appalachian is full of hotties.
No wonder we’re “hot, hot, hot!”
(Sorry, I couldn’t resist.)
- One of the nation's top legal groups is seeking a wide array of records from four federal agencies to challenge Trump's potential business conflicts.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- The turnout at Trump's inaugural concert was much smaller compared to the crowd that showed up for Obama's 2009 celebration.
- Gingers rejoice! A redhead emoji may be coming your way soon 🙌