1. She’s beaten cancer…twice.
Justice Ginsburg was first diagnosed with colon cancer in 1999. During her treatment, which included surgery, chemotheraphy, and radiation treatment, she did not miss one day on the bench.
In 2009 she had surgery related to pancreatic cancer and heard oral arguments a mere 12 days later.
They always match her wardrobe too.
17. She and President Obama have the most adorable friendship.
She has a picture of him hugging her hanging in her office, and he has talked about his “soft spot” for her.
Does anyone else just want to go happy hour with these two and watch the platonic love fest unfold in person?!
- Refugee families are being torn apart by British bureaucracy. Processing delays and impossible bureaucratic barriers are separating families by thousands of miles.
- Seventeen people died in a fire at a makeshift nursing home near Ukraine's capital Kiev on Sunday.
- At least four people died and 49 others were injured in shootings during a violent Memorial Day weekend in Chicago.