15 Times "Gossip Girl" Gave Us Totally Unrealistic Expectations About High School
I'm still surprised no one I know married a prince.
1. When Jenny got a prestigious internship at 15, dropped out of school, and made a name for herself in the fashion world almost instantly.
2. When Blair's squad had lunch at The Met all the time.
3. When Dan was such a good writer that he got his first submission published immediately in The New Yorker.
4. When they drank at bars all the time and never once got carded.
5. And when everyone constantly partied but no one's parents ever cared where they were or when they came home.
6. When the squad dated every one of their friends and all of their friends' exes.
7. Also, when they were somehow having SO MUCH SEX basically everywhere all the time.
8. When they somehow did not attend any classes or do any homework but still got into great colleges.
9. When the characters always seemed to find time in the morning to eat breakfast, hang with their friends, and still make it to first period on time.
10. And when they wore a full face of makeup and high heels every day.
11. Also, when they completely disregarded the school uniforms.
12. When everyone always had friends (or minions) who were free to hang out every week.
13. And when almost everyone managed to stays friends even through countless fights and betrayals.
14. When every single person they met or were friends with was wildly gorgeous.
15. And finally, when the main characters married their on-again/off-again high school sweethearts.
TV and Movies
Get all the best moments in pop culture & entertainment delivered to your inbox.