1. A seagull shat on the leader of the Scottish Resistance.
3. Jeremy Corbyn visited Scotland and, after some gentle persuasion from Scottish Labour leader Kezia Dugdale, downed some Irn Bru.
5. The Daily Record reacted to that story about David Cameron with this front page.
6. An election candidate in Berwickshire turned up to the count in a full suit of medieval armour.
8. Alex Salmond claimed he had seen evidence that ghosts exist.
9. This man wore a fake moustache while he was in the audience at a TV debate just to give his mates at home a laugh.
11. Scottish Labour leader Kezia Dugdale claimed she could beat up a baboon.
12. Scottish Conservative leader Ruth Davidson claimed she could beat up a chimpanzee.
13. Alex Salmond missed the prime minister making his case for bombing Syria because he was unveiling this huge portrait of himself in Edinburgh.
14. This guy got Nicola Sturgeon to propose to his boyfriend on his behalf.
16. Some Scottish nationalists started cutting out the little Union flags on their new driving licences.
18. Nicola Sturgeon gatecrashed this guy's stag do.
20. Alex Salmond did this sassy little strut into parliament.
21. Donald Trump was tricked into tweeting a photo of Jim Murphy.
23. JK Rowling started tweeting regularly about Scottish politics, confusing the vast majority of her fans.
25. Swedish DJ Avicii inexplicably came out for Scottish independence.
27. Enormous billboards of Alex Salmond holding Ed Miliband captive in his pocket were put up all over the UK, and it obviously became a meme.
29. Then SNP supporters, and their dogs, started wearing tin helmets to take the piss out of him.
30. SNP MP Angus MacNeil locked himself in the toilet after going into the wrong lobby to vote, leading to a Labour MP tweeting this.
31. Former Labour MP Tom Harris gave up campaigning during the election and started posting videos of himself dragging his dog around his living room.
32. An absolutely bloody massive painting of Alex Salmond with the body of an ape was displayed outside one of the TV debates.
33. A new Scottish independence party declared independence from the SNP because they thought the SNP wasn't pro-independence enough.
34. Ruth Davidson posed with this fish.
35. The SNP's surge on election night was so massive that it broke the BBC's swingometer.
36. The government mistakenly told an SNP MP that anything to do with Scotland was "an England and Wales only" issue.
37. People started calling their children "Freedom" and "Indy".
38. The SNP got into a bizarre argument with veteran Labour MP Dennis Skinner about where to sit in the House of Commons.
39. Jim Murphy became the most photoshopped man in Scottish politics.
40. Scottish Conservative leader Ruth Davidson fed me an iced lollipop.
41. The National called Sepp Blatter "the Alistair Carmichael of world football".
42. Scotland's political leaders agreed to stop working and watch Andy Murray play tennis.
43. A Canadian man called Jim Murphy politely dealt with relentless abuse meant for the other Jim Murphy.
44. It was revealed that Alex Salmond used the pseudonym "Captain Kirk" when boarding flights, leading to this tweet from William Shatner.
45. Some people started camping outside the Scottish parliament and vowed to stay there until independence.
Jamie Ross is a Scotland reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in Edinburgh.
Contact Jamie Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.