1. When the Daily Mirror published a story about this piece of chicken which looked like the UK minus Scotland.
2. George Galloway's fedora.
3. This attempt by Alex Salmond to play football.
4. When East Renfrewshire council had to apologise for sending this tweet during the TV debate between Alex Salmond and Alistair Darling.
5. Everyone tried their best not to find it hilarious that one of Scotland's leading economists is called Ronald McDonald.
6. This guy led "A Short Walk to Freedom" to the polling place on referendum day with flaming bagpipes, because Scotland.
7. This abomination was brought into the world.
9. When Groundskeeper Willie came out in favour of independence and put himself forward to lead an independent Scotland.
10. Remember when Yes voters gathered outside of BBC Scotland to protest against CBeebies bias?
11. The Queen absolutely pissed herself watching someone toss the caber at the Braemar Highland games.
13. A bunch of Yes voters created an enormous white "YES" on the hill behind the Scottish parliament.
14. There was the moment when these dogs disagreed about the constitutional future of Scotland.
17. Then BBC Scotland's political editor (and titan of social media) Brian Taylor did it.
19. A voter in the Western Isles went through his European election ballot paper writing "wank, good guy, wank".
20. This man tenderly brushed William Wallace's memorial stone in London on the day of the referendum.
21. There was that time Alex Salmond played a fiddle as an awkward Alistair Darling looked on.
23. Alistair Darling won over the support of this tiny Highland terrier.
24. Viz started an "Ask Alex" agony aunt column.
25. When Yes voters photobombed the BBC's Reporting Scotland with a huge neon Yes.
26. This teenager's dad deleted her on Facebook after she told him she was going to vote Yes.
27. When Kay Burley called a Yes campaigner "a bit of a knob" on Sky News.
28. When patronising BT Lady was patronising.
29. When the Edinburgh Evening News claimed No voters are scared of spiders.
30. The Daily Mail revealed that North Korea backed Scottish independence and created this photoshop.
31. The UK government wrote an article about the price of independence featuring Lego men, then Lego forced them to take it down.
32. When William Wallace voted No.
33. This Twitter first happened when a politician (Alex Salmond) replied to his parody account (Angry Salmond).
34. Scotland changed its relationship status.
36. Scotland turned into an Apprentice candidate and gave 110%, according to CNN.
37. England quietly annexed Wales while everyone was distracted by Scotland.
38. Alex Salmond seriously damaged his wrist because he shook too many hands during the referendum campaign.
39. The Daily Mail sensationally revealed that the Loch Ness monster had fled Scotland because he was worried about a Yes vote.
40. It's been a busy year, Scotland, and we have a feeling next year won't be much quieter.
41. Oh, and some Catalonians made a tiny statue of Alex Salmond doing a poo.
Jamie Ross is a Scotland reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in Edinburgh.
Contact Jamie Ross at email@example.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.