Here's What £700 A Month In Rent Can Get You Up North
Let's all move to Yorkshire.
London property prices are a goddamn nightmare. This is what £700 a month can get you in the capital:
A studio apartment in Barking; 40 minutes away from Charing Cross.
Here's what £700 a month or less can get you up North:
1. Leeds, West Yorkshire – £671 a month
Location: Leeds Central
• It's located right in the city centre.
• Seriously, look how posh that lobby area is.
2. Manchester, Greater Manchester – £695 a month
Location: Northern Quarter
• Situated in the heart of Manchester's trendy Northern Quarter.
• You know the apartment itself is also trendy because of the exposed brickwork.
3. Sheffield, South Yorkshire – £695 a month
Location: Kelham Island
• Within walking distance of both the city centre and the train station.
• There's a Juliette balcony – ideal for star-crossed lovers.
4. Burnley, Lancashire – £425 a month
Location: Bank Parade
• You get to live in Burnley town centre.
• With the large picture windows you wouldn't even need a TV.
5. Halifax, West Yorkshire – £500 a month
Location: Town Hall Street East
• It looks very Gotham from the outside.
• Even though it's only a three-story building, there's still a lift.
6. Liverpool – £700 a month
Location: Queens Dock
• Your windows look out onto the iconic Mersey.
• There's a private gym for residents, so you can work on your glutes without ever leaving the building.
7. Chester, Cheshire – £595 a month
• It's a quaint cottage but in a city. What?!
• Despite what Hollyoaks would have you believe, Chester is actually a really nice place with an average amount of death, affairs, and compelling scandals.
8. Morecambe, Lancashire – £550 a month
Location: Albert Road
• Beautifully decorated and furnished throughout.
• There's TWO floors – that's one for each hand!
9. York, North Yorkshire – £695 a month
• You're right in the middle of York.
• The kitchen is large enough to swing a cat by its tail in (but don't, because there's no pets allowed and cat swinging isn't cool anyway).
10. Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear – £650 a month
Location: City Road
• Imagine living in the centre of Newcastle? Well, with this property imagination becomes reality.
• The exterior looks like a British version of the Ghostbusters' HQ.
11. Huddersfield, West Yorkshire – £699 a month
Location: Belmont Street
• The property is only a super short walk away from Huddersfield's centre.
• You can Instagram the outside, truthfully hashtag it #home, and it'll look like you live in a stately home.
12. Doncaster, South Yorkshire – £607 a month
• ALL bills are included in the price.
• It's a brand new apartment which means there's almost no chance of it being haunted.
13. Preston, Lancashire – £700 a month
Location: West Cliff
• There's an en-suite in the master bedroom.
• The back of the property overlooks a cricket ground.
14. Barnsley, South Yorkshire – £475 a month
Location: Regent Street
• Only a two minute walk to Barnsley train station.
• The flats in this building are all completely new.
15. Skipton, North Yorkshire – £450 a month
Location: Newmarket Street
• There's two floors, so you get some stairs for your money.
• Just a 10 minute drive to the Yorkshire Dales National Park.