1. We get a pretty damn impressive 25% employee discount on most products.
2. And as if that's not enough, we also get 15% off at Waitrose.
3. Which means you always have friends and family begging you for your discount.
4. John Lewis owns and runs six private holiday resorts where employees can stay at a subsidised price.
5. Which you kind of need after the long working hours.
6. But on the plus side we do get super cheap lunch every day.
7. The uniform makes you feel extra professional.
8. Working at John Lewis gives you the best training for dealing with the public.
9. Because John Lewis takes customer service VERY seriously.
10. John Lewis is owned by a trust on behalf of its employees.
11. So all employees have a share of the company's profits.
12. Which definitely helps you get through what is possibly the busiest time of the year.
13. Except maybe Black Friday.
14. Yes, we've seen the newest Christmas advert, so there's no need to keep mentioning it to us.
15. The in-store decorations are second to none.
16. Keeping all the shelf displays in perfect order is a surprisingly stressful job.
17. Staff have a say in the running of the store.
18. That's why John Lewis employees are so passionate about the business they work for.
This post was compiled using information from
John Lewis no longer give out a Christmas bonus (but do, however, offer a share of the profits in the spring). An earlier version of this story misstated that staff were given a Christmas bonus in December.