27 Funny, Bizarre, And Ingenious Excuses People Have Used To Skip School
"I searched pressure points on YouTube and used them to make myself vomit."
2. I heard my sister say this once to my mom so I used it as well: "I started my period and I'm cramping real bad." I was an 11-year-old boy at the time I used it.
Submitted by Bill Tibbetts, Facebook
3. My friend and I had skipped half the day off school. She came up with a lie that we had to help an old woman who collapsed in the street on the way to school. The lie was so elaborate my friend had put the emergency services number in her call history to show the teachers. Funnily enough they believed us and we were deemed "heroes".
Submitted by haseebb
4. A few weeks after I got my ears pierced (aged 15), I told a PE teacher that I couldn't join in because my earrings were too heavy. Amazingly, I was let off!
Ellie Welsh , Facebook
6. In high school I rubbed a greasy McDonalds breakfast sausage on the back of my pants. Went to the school nurse told her my stomach hurt and I had an accident. Quickest I was ever sent home. I'm still proud of that.
Bart Hickey, Facebook
7. "I was there the entire time, you just didn't notice me."
Emmy Bloomberg , Facebook
8. I had a copy of my dentist's logo and address stamp saved on my computer. Anytime we needed a sick note I would just print one off and sign something illegible at the bottom.
Obviously, I was the best big sister ever.
Submitted by noelg4779521a7
10. I ripped up every valid excuse note my mother ever wrote, replacing it with my own forged note. That way, the handwriting was always consistent.
Jill Elizabeth, Facebook
11. I mustered up the courage to use the ol' "I can't do gym because I have my period" excuse to my male PE teacher when I was 12 or 13 (I'm no longer embarassed about my period, but you know) and he replied with, "Oh, my wife tells me that exercise always makes her feel better when she has her period!" TRAITOR.
Megan Elizabeth, Facebook
12. In the 6th grade I had a big math test I did not prepare for. I drank ipecac to induce vomiting. I got to stay home, but the joke was on me. I threw up all day. Ugh.
Sara Vercillo, Facebook
14. I claimed to have cut off my toe – when asked about it I showed them my bandaged foot with cranberry juice on part of it .
Submitted by sophiai3
15. I go to a small school and everyone knew I LOVED pickles. One day I felt a little too tired to wake up so I stayed home and the next day I told everyone (including the attendance office) that I got some kind of acid poisoning from "eating too many pickles." They all believed me and my absence was excused.
Submitted by schyla47
16. I once told a teacher two weeks before a school concert that I wouldn't be able to go because I would be sick. She just asked "you'll be sick?" and when I nodded she just dropped it. She either believed in my ability to see into the future or thought my stupidity was just too much to even question.
Emmy Bloomberg, Facebook
18. I once signed out of school because I didn't want to be there and the excuse I put on the books was "Gotham City needs me."
Submitted by torib4f3de54eb
19. Once during my high school spirit week, it was "superhero" Thursday. I didn't have a costume and didn't have time to buy/ make one… I had a genius idea… I skipped school that day, and then on Friday, everyone was demanding a reason why I wasn't at school, and my excuse was, "I was here, I just came as the Invisible Woman."
Submitted by mydnytestorme13
22. I broke my glasses in gym and pretended I couldn't see well enough to stay in school. They let me and my friend leave so he could walk me to where my mom was going to pick me up. #NoOneGetsLeftBehind
Submitted by haseebb
23. Once I really did not want to go to school so I woke up early in the morning, got my hands dirty with the sole of my shoe and rubbed my eyes with them. My right eye turned red so I told my dad that I had pink eye and that it was contagious, I therefore couldn't go to school. Turned out I actually caused myself to have pink eye and had to stay home for the next two days.
Submitted by alessmikail
24. One time I pretended I had bad diarrhoea by going into the bathroom and making grunting noises while playing a YouTube video of pooping noises. It worked.
Submitted by maxobounyadeth
26. I used the excuse that I missed the bus for months, until the school caught on that I lived across the street. I could see my high school from my porch.
Submitted by carleighg
27. And finally…
When I was in middle school I was supposed to be singing in a talent show, which was NOT going to happen on my watch. So the night before, I faked stomach pains so believable my parents decided to take me to the ER because I was apparently showing signs of an appendicitis. They gave me a cat scan and turned out I had an ovarian cyst on the side where my "pain" was. Ended up missing a lot more than one day of school because they had to perform surgery to remove it. To this day nobody knows I faked the stomach pains and finding that cyst was a miracle.
Submitted by rachelg479932d0d