1. Most of your Beanie Babies are old enough to legally drink.
2. The first Grand Theft Auto game (1998) was released closer to Pac-Man (1980) than to today.
3. People who have never known a world without SpongeBob SquarePants are now old enough to drive.
4. Back to the Future Part II, The Running Man, and Escape from L.A. all depict futures that have already passed.
5. Sophie Turner has never lived in a world without Pixar movies.
6. In movies: The Breakfast Club (1985) was released closer to the first Godzilla movie (1954) than to today.
7. If the characters of The Simpsons actually aged, here's how old they'd be today:
8. And this is how old the Rugrats would be.
9. The launch of MTV happened closer to the end of World War II than to today.
10. Kids born after Family Guy first aired on TV will be entering university this year.
11. In books: Bret Easton Ellis's Less Than Zero (1985) was released closer to the first Lord of the Rings book (1954) than to today.
12. This is the baby who played the sun in the Teletubbies looks like today:
13. Sabrina from Sabrina the Teenage Witch is now older than both of her aunties were at the beginning of the show.
14. In music: The Beastie Boys's Licensed to Ill (1986) was released closer to Elvis Presley's first album (1956) than to today.
15. There are kids in high school today who have never lived in a world without America's Next Top Model.
16. We're closer to the year 2032 than we are to the year Avril Lavigne's Sk8er Boi was released.
Turns out I'm terrible at maths and the first Grand Theft Auto game was released closer to today than to the release of Space Invaders. An earlier version of this post stated otherwise.