2. They kind of remind us of The Simpsons Movie
5. 4. … Or ‘air-cleaning’ bikes
In 2013 Beijing-based inventor Matt Hope unveiled a bicycle with a face mask attached, with the air filtered through it cleaned when you pedal. The bike cost 180 yuan ($29) and featured an Ikea bin as part of its filtration system.
6. 5. Sucking up smog with vacuum cleaners
A vacuum cleaner that sucks up pollution was developed by Dutch designer Daan Rooseguard last year. It uses coils of copper to create an electrostatic field that attracts smog particles and, according to the developer, “Creates holes of 50-60 metres of clean air so you can see the sun again.” Rooseguard worked with the mayor of Beijing on the project.
11. 10. Making everyone get cremated in reusable coffins
This might not solve the wider problem of pollution, but a Hong Kong company has come up with coffins featuring a reusable outer shell, reducing the amount of waste and time taken to burn. So people can be green to the end…
13. 12. Or just, you know, trying to properly reduce emissions from factories and cars…
In light of recent public anger the Chinese government has announced that it’s setting up a 10 billion yuan fund ($1.65 billion) to tackle pollution and is set to fine heavy-polluting companies. There will be subsidies for lower-emission vehicles and moves to use cleaner coal in factories. Well, it’s either that or the domes…
- Top Democrats are demanding House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes remove himself from the investigation into Russian interference in the election.
- President Trump will sign an executive order on Tuesday stopping the EPA's plan to limit power plants burning coal.
- The mayor of London has urged politicians in the European Union not to "punish" Britain for the decision to leave the European Union, stating a "bad Brexit" would hurt the EU too.
- Samsung announced plans to refurbish and sell some of the 4.3 million explosive Galaxy Note7 phones it recalled last year📱🔥