24 Things That’ll Actually Help Make Training Your Pet So Much Easier
It's the *leash* we can do.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed collects a share of sales and/or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A tasty box of Temptations treats so you can reward your cat after they perform their new trick. Customers say their kittens come running as soon as they hear the box shake.
2. A pack of treats to give your pup during training or just when you want to treat them to a yummy snack.
4. An artificial grass patch because potty training during the harsh winter months can and should be done indoors.
5. A chic training pouch to store all the tasty treats to give your best buddy during your hikes. Bonus: It comes with an attached training clicker to reinforce positive behavior during your adventures outside.
6. A pack of trusty dog diapers for your new pup who needs a bit of extra support during potty training. Tip: These diapers are also great for dogs in heat, suffering incontinence, have UTIs, or need to cover surgical wounds.
7. 101 Dog Tricks: Step by Step Activities to Engage, Challenge, and Bond with Your Dog, a fun and challenging book of tricks to inspire new dog owners. Have your furry friend fetching, rolling over, high-fiving, and so much more in no time.
8. A durable dog pillow that won't tear during a game of tug of war. Exercise and play is crucial for your pup-in-training and this pillow will definitely do the trick.
9. A plush stuffed pup that's fashioned with a "real-feel" heartbeat and heat-pack to stimulate a calming effect whenever your little one is feeling anxious. Say goodbye to barking during thunderstorms.
10. A peanut butter toy because crate training will be so much smoother if your friend has a tasty treat attached to their home.
11. An agility training set that'll keep your pup healthy while they master cool, new tricks. Tip: Use treats to reward your dog to maintain consistent, positive behavior.
12. A lick mat to fill with peanut butter, because bath-time can be stressful for some pups. Tip: Put it in the freezer so it takes your dog longer to finish their treat.
13. An anti-barking device that'll emit a harmless ultrasonic sound that tells your pup it's time to stop barking. Bonus: It works indoors and outdoors.
14. A pet corrector spray bottle you can easily carry around and use whenever you want to correct your pups bad habits. No more barking at cars, jumping on strangers, or biting at peoples feet.
15. A set of bells for potty training because how cute would it be if your puppy rang the bell every time they needed to go outside?
16. An interactive toy so your pet can flip and lift their way to yummy treats. Reviews say this toy promotes healthy behaviors and reduces anxiety and stress.
17. A dog doorbell because we all love our dogs but we don't love their accidents inside the house. Every time your pup rings the bell, treat them with a yummy snack to keep up the great behavior.
19. A dog crate to furnish with a plush bed so your pup can have a cozy home of their own. Crate training is proven to reduce anxiety in new pups.
20. A Kong toy that'll satisfy your cute, new puppies teething needs. Save your furniture from bite marks with this fun toy.
21. A pack of parrot treats so you can reward your feathery friend after they show off their convo skills to your guests.
22. A Clik-R to press after your dog shows off their new trick at the park. Give your buddy a treat after you click the button to reinforce the awesome behavior (and just to tell them how much you love them).
23. A pack of recordable training buttons so you can finally become like Dr. Doolittle and talk to your pet.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.