Clean Anzac Biscuit Recipe
* 125g Spelt flour
* 85g Coconut flakes
* 160g Coconut sugar
* 100g Oats
Separate Dry Ingredients:
* 1/2 Tsp BiCarb soda
* 1Tbl Warm Water
* 125g Coconut oil
* 2 Tbs Honey
* 1 Tsp Vanilla
* Pre heat fan forced oven to 150 Celsius (302 Fahrenheit)
* Combine & mix dry ingredients in large bowl
* In separate small container, combine BiCarb soda and water
* Place wet ingredients in small pot on a stove and bring to boil
* Take off the stove and while boiling, add BiCarb/Water combo. Stir together.
* Add the syrup to dry ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon.
* Spray canned oil onto a baking tray and place a strip of baking paper. Scoop two tablespoons of batter into an egg ring / cookie ring and press down hard with spoon.
* Bake for 20 minutes.
* Practice some patience and self-control (we know it's hard when they taste and smell so good) and let the biscuits cool on cake rack for another 20 minutes.
Now it's time to overindulge in biscuits and baking pride.
Gluten Free and Vegan Options
To make the recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free oats or buckwheat flakes to replate the oats and coconut flour to replace the spelt.
If you are after a vegan version, simply swap the honey for maple syrup.
Take your biscuits to the next level! ICE CREAM SANDWICH!
Want to pimp your Anzac Biscuits and turn them into delicious ice-cream sandwiches, without loading up on sugar-laden, dairy-filled ice cream? Then try a Cashew Cream Recipe, it's literally to die for! All you need to do is add a few scoops in between two biscuits and BOOM! Ice Cream Sandwich!