9. You’ll have an opinion on the Ellis v. Wallace twitter rant / one-sided fight.
Bret Easton Ellis
Reading D.T. Max’s bio of DFW and OMG is the solemnity of the David Foster Wallace myth on a purely literary level borderline sickening…
12. If you read the book, you can delight in the subtle references to the novel he hides throughout the show.
Why these four would partner up and found a law firm is beyond me. I do like to imagine that Wayne specializes in divorce law and Gately is a criminal defense attorney.
14. It will teach you to view tennis as a religious experience.
“Beauty is not the goal of competitive sports, but high-level sports are a prime venue for the expression of human beauty. The relation is roughly that of courage to war.” -David Foster Wallace
17. You can read Wallace’s biography and get confused about his moral code. And read way into certain details in the book that seemed inconsequential at first blush.
Good people do bad things but also write good books about people who do bad things but are trying to be good like the person who wrote the book about the bad people who do good things also.
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Donald Trump keeps questioning polls and insisting he's winning — even as most show him behind nationally.
- At least 59 people were killed in an overnight militant attack at a police center in Quetta, Pakistani officials say.
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏