1. The title comes straight from Hamlet -- and we all love Shakespeare, right guys?
2. The book is baby-sized.
3. The book is so heavy it can be used as a weapon.
4. And so thick it can be used as a shield.
5. You look really smart when you read it in public...
...and you know what handsome people everywhere say about smarts.
6. Not to mention that lugging that doorstop around will build some serious muscle.
7. You can advertise your love of the book through swimwear.
8. You'll finally have something to talk about with this guy.
9. You'll have an opinion on the Ellis v. Wallace twitter rant / one-sided fight.
10. Beautiful women also think it's a good book.
11. Michael Schur, the co-creator and showrunner of Parks & Recreation, loves Infinite Jest.
12. If you read the book, you can delight in the subtle references to the novel he hides throughout the show.
Schur also directed the music video for The Decemberists' song "Calamity Song." The video dramatizes the Eschaton scene in IJ.
Schur owns the IJ movie rights too, so watch out. Anything could happen.
13. You can nerd out and purchase E.T.A. varsity gear.
And be totally in on the joke when someone else wears it.