9. You’ll have an opinion on the Ellis v. Wallace twitter rant / one-sided fight.
Bret Easton Ellis
Reading D.T. Max’s bio of DFW and OMG is the solemnity of the David Foster Wallace myth on a purely literary level borderline sickening…
12. If you read the book, you can delight in the subtle references to the novel he hides throughout the show.
Why these four would partner up and found a law firm is beyond me. I do like to imagine that Wayne specializes in divorce law and Gately is a criminal defense attorney.
14. It will teach you to view tennis as a religious experience.
“Beauty is not the goal of competitive sports, but high-level sports are a prime venue for the expression of human beauty. The relation is roughly that of courage to war.” -David Foster Wallace
17. You can read Wallace’s biography and get confused about his moral code. And read way into certain details in the book that seemed inconsequential at first blush.
Good people do bad things but also write good books about people who do bad things but are trying to be good like the person who wrote the book about the bad people who do good things also.
- It's time: Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump will face off tonight at 9 p.m. ET in the first of three US presidential debates.
- Ted Cruz said Trump's list of potential Supreme Court nominees spurred his decision to endorse his former opponent.
- Parents of the suspected Washington mall gunman who killed five people said he "had mental issues."