1. Poor Juliette was mourning the death of her mom.
And it was clearly having a serious effect on her.
2. Rayna broke the news to Daphne and Maddie that she was going to the CMAs with Deacon.
Maddie was serving up some serious sass on the side of that OJ and cereal because knew that Deacon is her dad IRL.
3. Gunnar had gotten arrested and missed Scarlett’s show.
And he was determined to make amends. (Also, the Nashville police have trouble with spelling apparently.)
5. Deacon tried to get through to a heartbroken Juliette.
But she literally slammed that door in his face.
6. Teddy got a call form the attorney general’s office and it wasn’t a friendly one.
7. And Maddie showed up at Deacon’s house to tell him she thought he was her real dad.
8. Gunnar tried to apologize to Scarlett with calla lilies.
But she was all, “Um, no thanks. I’m gonna go see Avery perform.”
10. But it’s OK because Brad Paisley was there!
11. And he performed “Bitter Memory” with Rayna’s blue leather pants.
12. And every time she sang the lyric “Bitter Memory,” she side-eyed Deacon, who was on guitar, like this:
13. Afterwards, Deacon came into Rayna’s dressing room and confronted her about being Maddie’s father.
14. And Rayna was like:
But eventually, she confirmed the news and Deacon stormed out.
15. Maddie was equally upset.
And she used the ultimate declaration to show her mom how angry she was: “Daddy, I want to live with you.” But to Teddy, not to her real dad Deacon. I know, it’s confusing.
16. Meanwhile, Juliette left the CMAs to be with her mom.
She was the only one at her funeral. And she was a little overdressed. But she is Juliette Barnes, after all.
17. And Gunnar showed up at Avery’s gig, where he was dueting with Scarlett.
18. Sadly, after staring at a glass of whiskey intensely for a few minutes, the paternity drama led Deacon to break his sobriety after 13 years.
And it tasted, presumably, like a “bitter memory” indeed.
19. And after waking up in the bar the next day, he drunkenly fought Teddy outside of City Hall.
20. All the while, Rayna was at Juliette’s mom’s funeral, wondering where Deacon was.
21. And Gunnar had the unfortunate honor of walking up to Deacon’s house in search of advice about Scarlett; instead, he found Deacon puking off of his porch.
22. Gunnar called Deacon’s sponsor Coleman for help, which did not go over well.
But, eventually, he passed out.
23. Oh, and Lamar demoted Tandy, so she quit instead.
Get it, gurl.
24. This is what Deacon looked like when he finally came to:
But he told Coleman he didn’t need “a babysitter” and that he was just going to take a shower to wash the pain away.
25. And he did take a shower. But then he also did this:
26. On the (sort of) upside, the police returned a destroyed chip to Juliette (that once held her sex tape) from her mom’s apartment. And immediately afterward, her assistant handed her a letter from her mom.
It explained that she did this to protect Juliette, who deserved a “clean” life.
27. And Rayna and her daughter hugged and made-up too.
28. And Peggy didn’t want to be left out of such motherly experiences; she told Teddy that she’s pregnant!
29. Even though she lied to the attorney general, he was still hot on Lamar and Teddy’s trail. He stopped Tandy to have a little chat.
31. And Gunnar proposed to Scarlett!
32. Deacon showed up at the Bluebird and Rayna tried to talk things out with him.
Brace yourselves for the Season 2 premiere of Nashville, which airs on Wednesday, Sept. 25 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on ABC.
- The National Enquirer tabloid is growing by speaking to an audience ignored by mainstream media and backing Trump.
- "Legit adults" pay their own bills, hold steady jobs, and don't live with their parents, according to a new poll provided to BuzzFeed News.
- As the number of terrorist convictions has increased in the UK, so has the concern that other inmates could too be lured into extremism.
- Selena Gomez said the backlash surrounding "13 Reasons Why" "is going to come no matter what" and noted that she's very proud of the series.