1. Disney Channel has just revealed that the stars of High School Musical — Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Tisdale, Corbin Bleu, Lucas Grabeel, and Monique Coleman — are reuniting for the movie’s 10-year anniversary.
In the film franchise, Hudgens played Gabriella Montez, Tisdale played Sharpay Evans, Bleu played Chad Danforth, Grabeel played Ryan Evans, and Coleman played Taylor McKessie.
2. The alumni gathered on Sunday to tape segments that will air during Disney Channel’s telecast of the movie on Wednesday, Jan. 20 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Zac Efron is recording a pre-taped message for the special.
The stars, who gathered to film at a high school gym in suburban Los Angeles, also sat down for an interview with Radio Disney’s Ernie D, which will air during Radio Disney Insider on Thursday, Jan. 21 on Disney Channel.
3. “Seeing the cast back together again reaffirms what made it special 10 years ago,” Disney Channel Worldwide’s president and CCO Gary Marsh said in a statement. “It’s their optimism, their dedication and their extraordinary talent — as a group.”
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.