1. Disney Channel has just revealed that the stars of High School Musical — Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Tisdale, Corbin Bleu, Lucas Grabeel, and Monique Coleman — are reuniting for the movie’s 10-year anniversary.
In the film franchise, Hudgens played Gabriella Montez, Tisdale played Sharpay Evans, Bleu played Chad Danforth, Grabeel played Ryan Evans, and Coleman played Taylor McKessie.
2. The alumni gathered on Sunday to tape segments that will air during Disney Channel’s telecast of the movie on Wednesday, Jan. 20 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Zac Efron is recording a pre-taped message for the special.
The stars, who gathered to film at a high school gym in suburban Los Angeles, also sat down for an interview with Radio Disney’s Ernie D, which will air during Radio Disney Insider on Thursday, Jan. 21 on Disney Channel.
3. “Seeing the cast back together again reaffirms what made it special 10 years ago,” Disney Channel Worldwide’s president and CCO Gary Marsh said in a statement. “It’s their optimism, their dedication and their extraordinary talent — as a group.”
- The suspect wanted for killing 39 people at an Istanbul nightclub on New Years Day has been captured, Turkish media reports.
- People are arguing about whether those who are anti-abortion rights should participate in the upcoming Women's March.
- Umm. Over half of the population across 22 countries believe their system is failing and rigged, a new poll says 🌎🤔
- For MLK Day, we're taking a look at some rare pictures of Martin Luther King Jr.