1. Disney Channel has just revealed that the stars of High School Musical — Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Tisdale, Corbin Bleu, Lucas Grabeel, and Monique Coleman — are reuniting for the movie’s 10-year anniversary.
In the film franchise, Hudgens played Gabriella Montez, Tisdale played Sharpay Evans, Bleu played Chad Danforth, Grabeel played Ryan Evans, and Coleman played Taylor McKessie.
2. The alumni gathered on Sunday to tape segments that will air during Disney Channel’s telecast of the movie on Wednesday, Jan. 20 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Zac Efron is recording a pre-taped message for the special.
The stars, who gathered to film at a high school gym in suburban Los Angeles, also sat down for an interview with Radio Disney’s Ernie D, which will air during Radio Disney Insider on Thursday, Jan. 21 on Disney Channel.
3. “Seeing the cast back together again reaffirms what made it special 10 years ago,” Disney Channel Worldwide’s president and CCO Gary Marsh said in a statement. “It’s their optimism, their dedication and their extraordinary talent — as a group.”
- So about that wall: Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto says he told Donald Trump his country's not paying for it.
- Brazil's senate has voted to remove Dilma Rousseff as president over a months-long corruption scandal.
- Here's how bankers are using a powerful, little-known justice system to turn a huge profit: part three of a BuzzFeed News investigation.
- Researchers have found the first identical twin puppies ever in the dog species 🐶 🐶