1. SNL head writer Seth Meyers and Alexi Ashe were married on Sept. 1 in Martha’s Vineyard, but it almost didn’t happen.
Alexi came down with food poisoning the day before the wedding and in the November issue of Vogue, Meyers’ co-worker and fellow comedian Mulaney recounts was really went down: “She spent the morning of her wedding in the hospital. ‘You’re not getting married today,’ the nurse on duty told her. The nurse was wrong. Adam Bennett, the team doctor for the Chicago Bears, was a guest that weekend … [He] gave Alexi NFL-style treatment, and she walked down the aisle brave and beautiful.”
2. In addition to Mulaney, the star-studded guest list included Olivia Wilde, Olivia Munn, Allison Williams (below), Rashida Jones, Kristen Wiig, Andy Samberg, Fred Armisen, Amy Poehler, Jimmy Fallon, Will Forte, and, of course, Lorne Michaels.
Fun fact: Forte’s SNL character Hamilton, was one of the speakers, Mulaney notes.
3. At the post-wedding reception in this adorable barn, Alexi’s sister, Ariel, surprised the newlyweds and their guests with country superstar Brad Paisley.
According to Mulaney, “Paisley played his song ‘Then’ as the bride and groom danced their first dance. He had flown in that day just for the wedding. Anything for Seth and Alexi.” Awwwwww.
- US intelligence officials issued repeated warnings to European allies about attacks by Russian state-backed hackers, but it was too little, too late.
- Colombia's president said winning the Nobel Peace Prize helped him end his country's decades-long civil war.
- Rudy Giuliani is no longer being considered for a position in the Trump administration. Trump says the former NYC mayor withdrew his name.
- People are in love with a dog who rides around in a decked out dog car spreading Christmas cheer to hospital patients 🐶🎄