1. Anthony Weiner, Jamerican.
2. Christine Quinn likes to point out that she is the only woman running for mayor.
5. “I remember getting mugged when I was a kid on my way to Yeshiva.”
6. Eliot Spitzer also rather direct in his appeal to Orthodox Jews.
7. John Catsimatidis is a friend to all Greeks.
8. Bill Thompson, the only black candidate in the mayoral race, has sought to make sure voters know he is, in fact, black.
9. But the most effective invocation of identity, by far, has been Bill de Blasio’s centering his campaign on his interracial family.
10. As his daughter Chiara puts it: De Blasio is “not some boring white guy.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.
- Hillary Clinton made her debut with VP pick Tim Kaine, who dipped into Spanish and spoke on support for immigration reform and gun control.
- The gunman who killed at least 10 people at a Munich, Germany mall was an 18-year-old "obsessed" with mass shootings, police said.