Around 10 a.m. ET on Sunday, the GOP tweeted this photo with the caption “Today we remember Rosa Parks’ bold stand and her role in ending racism.”
Today we remember Rosa Parksâ€™ bold stand and her role in ending racism.
About three hours later they tweeted a correction:
Previous tweet should have read “Today we remember Rosa Parks’ bold stand and her role in fighting to end racism.”
1. But #RacismEndedWhen had already taken off. It appears that user @FeministaJones started the hashtag at 10:59 a.m.
#RacismEndedWhen Arnold and Willis were adopted by Mr. Drummond
2. And it caught on really quickly.
At last! Delightful news today that racism is ended. What a relief. #RacismEndedWhen
#RacismEndedWhen The Jeffersons “moved on up.”
#RacismEndedWhen Bill Clinton played the saxophone on Arsenio Hall’s show
#RacismEndedWhen DJ and Stephanie became Wu-Tang fans
#Racismendedwhen Jamie Foxx killed all the White people
#RacismEndedWhen Justin Timberlake wore braids.
#RacismEndedWhen the #FreshPrince moved to BelAir.
#RacismEndedWhen black was in vogue and colorblind was a term of endearment.
.@GOP Why is this upsetting people? Racism IS over; I’ve never suffered from it in my life.
#RacismEndedWhen some of my best friends said it was over.
#racismendedwhen the iphone was available in both black and white.
“#RacismEndedWhen he got home safely â€@yurrrbabyma
#RacismEndedWhen they told me I speak so well, not like the others.
#racismendedwhen white people said it did obviously
#Racismendedwhen the president on ‘24’ was Black
#RacismEndedWhen this fine fellow voted for Barack Hussein Obama:
#RacismEndedWhen Macklemore won AMA’s Best Rap Song
I was under the impression #RacismEndedWhen Ben Affleck played a Latino in “Argo”
The woman who says she started the trend tweeted an “official statement” on why she created the hashtag.
So here’s my official statement: “I started #RacismEndedWhen as a satirical, subversive response to the GOP suggesting Rosa Park ended it”
- Donald Trump accused former Miss Universe Alicia Machado of being in a sex tape, calling her "disgusting." He's appeared in a softcore porn.
- The hair vitamins promoted by the Kardashians make "largely inaccurate" nutrient claims, according to lab tests.
- In a newly released video deposition, Trump implied he planned to call Mexicans "rapists" when he announced his presidential run.