Around 10 a.m. ET on Sunday, the GOP tweeted this photo with the caption “Today we remember Rosa Parks’ bold stand and her role in ending racism.”
Today we remember Rosa Parksâ€™ bold stand and her role in ending racism.
About three hours later they tweeted a correction:
Previous tweet should have read “Today we remember Rosa Parks’ bold stand and her role in fighting to end racism.”
1. But #RacismEndedWhen had already taken off. It appears that user @FeministaJones started the hashtag at 10:59 a.m.
#RacismEndedWhen Arnold and Willis were adopted by Mr. Drummond
2. And it caught on really quickly.
At last! Delightful news today that racism is ended. What a relief. #RacismEndedWhen
#RacismEndedWhen The Jeffersons “moved on up.”
#RacismEndedWhen Bill Clinton played the saxophone on Arsenio Hall’s show
#RacismEndedWhen DJ and Stephanie became Wu-Tang fans
#Racismendedwhen Jamie Foxx killed all the White people
#RacismEndedWhen Justin Timberlake wore braids.
#RacismEndedWhen the #FreshPrince moved to BelAir.
#RacismEndedWhen black was in vogue and colorblind was a term of endearment.
.@GOP Why is this upsetting people? Racism IS over; I’ve never suffered from it in my life.
#RacismEndedWhen some of my best friends said it was over.
#racismendedwhen the iphone was available in both black and white.
“#RacismEndedWhen he got home safely â€@yurrrbabyma
#RacismEndedWhen they told me I speak so well, not like the others.
#racismendedwhen white people said it did obviously
#Racismendedwhen the president on ‘24’ was Black
#RacismEndedWhen this fine fellow voted for Barack Hussein Obama:
#RacismEndedWhen Macklemore won AMA’s Best Rap Song
I was under the impression #RacismEndedWhen Ben Affleck played a Latino in “Argo”
The woman who says she started the trend tweeted an “official statement” on why she created the hashtag.
So here’s my official statement: “I started #RacismEndedWhen as a satirical, subversive response to the GOP suggesting Rosa Park ended it”
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- President Trump signed an executive order that bans foreign organizations that receive US funding from providing abortions.
- Democratic lawmakers say Trump's new hotel in Washington, DC, has lost over $1 million and violates its lease with the government.
- You could be consuming fake news on Snapchat Discover. The app is now making publishers fact-check their content 👻