1. House Speaker John Boehner was approached by activists Thursday morning about immigration policy while waiting for his breakfast at a Capitol Hill diner.
The description underneath the video identifies the speaker as a “TIRRC Participant.” TIRRC is a Nashville-based activist group called the Tennessee Immigrant and Refugee Rights Coalition.
“Speaker Boehner, I just want to ask you why you want to break the dream of the DREAMers, of the students,” the activist said. “Can you please express your opinion about that? One second. Just one second. I really want to know why you have broken the dream of the DREAMers.”
“Whoa, whoa, whoa. That’s not very nice,” Boehner said.
In the video, multiple people then tried to get the activists to stop questioning the speaker or leave; eventually Boehner got up, walked behind the counter, and exited the diner.
3. Boehner was also confronted at Pete’s Diner in November of last year about his stance on immigration.
- Jury deadlocked in trial of Michael Slager, former South Carolina police officer charged with murder in fatal shooting of Walter Scott.
- The US Commission on Civil Rights will visit the campsite where people have protested the Dakota Access Pipeline for months.
- Donald Trump and his supporters have filed lawsuits to stop Jill Stein's vote recount in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.
- Mall of America, the largest mall in the country, is hosting its first ever black Santa 🎅🏿