1. House Speaker John Boehner was approached by activists Thursday morning about immigration policy while waiting for his breakfast at a Capitol Hill diner.
The description underneath the video identifies the speaker as a “TIRRC Participant.” TIRRC is a Nashville-based activist group called the Tennessee Immigrant and Refugee Rights Coalition.
“Speaker Boehner, I just want to ask you why you want to break the dream of the DREAMers, of the students,” the activist said. “Can you please express your opinion about that? One second. Just one second. I really want to know why you have broken the dream of the DREAMers.”
“Whoa, whoa, whoa. That’s not very nice,” Boehner said.
In the video, multiple people then tried to get the activists to stop questioning the speaker or leave; eventually Boehner got up, walked behind the counter, and exited the diner.
3. Boehner was also confronted at Pete’s Diner in November of last year about his stance on immigration.
- Oops: "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳⁉️
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be Secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classic films including "Twister," "Titanic," "Big Love," and "Aliens."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲