1. The threat of a government shutdown really brought out the best of Twitter:
BREAKING: The United States of America
Obamacare begins tomorrow, and you know what that means! Wait, actually, no, you probably don’t know what that means.
Obamacare gave this white boy feethands. RT @HHSGov: Learn more at http://t.co/Uphd5FGr0A.
When the government shuts down RTs become endorsements.
.@TedCruz No Canadian has done more damage to America since @Nickelback
BREAKING: WASHINGTON, DC PHOTO #governmentshutdown
Now is the time we need to be talking about a freemium model for government.
FUN FACT: When the government shuts down, all laws are suspended. Use Google Maps to plan your looting route. #sponsoredtweet
The government might shut down?????? Does that mean weed and speeding and underage drinking and robbery and all that fun stuff will be legal
I’m a hypochondriac with a love/fear relationship with space, so it’s comforting to know there won’t be flu or asteroid monitoring.
Nothing good happens after midnight, including government shutdowns. Not Congress’ finest hour.
Congress tonight —> http://t.co/bULDGZw3SC
HAS ANYONE JUST TRIED TURNING THE GOVERNMENT OFF THEN BACK ON AGAIN?
Others turned to different means to cope with the fast-approaching shutdown:
drinking game: drink one bottle of vodka for every government shutdown
Gov’t shutdown drinking game… Take a shot every time the democrats blame the republicans and vice-versa.
But when times are tough, it’s important to remember the simpler things:
Like why tweet about the potential government shut down when you can just tweet about otters?
- The Republican chair of the House probe into Russia and Trump should step down after secretly meeting with a source at the White House, say top Democrats.
- President Trump will sign an executive order on Tuesday stopping the EPA's plan to limit power plants burning coal.
- Facebook will start globally rolling out three features today on iOS and Android that strongly resemble Snapchat. They're called Camera, Direct, and Stories.
- And a college student was banned from Tinder after scamming some men out of money 💸 💔