1. Quantum Levitation
Quantum levitation is achieved by cooling superconductors. Someone fetch me some duct-tape and a skateboard…
This is a damn fine attempt, but it can only carry 5 pounds.
Maglev trains use magnets instead of wheels and the reduced friction allows them to travel at incredibly high speeds. So make a maglev hoverboard already!
5. Helicopter bike
If you could make this just a little bit smaller…
6. Vectored Thrust
Harrier jump jets can take off vertically and hover, but good luck trying to get one into a half-pipe.
7. Mars Sky Crane
It would be a crime to leave out the awesome Skycrane used to lower the curiosity rover onto the surface of Mars.
9. This guy has the right idea…
If this guy had the balls to stand up on this thing, then we’d be in business!
10. And finally, Le Hoverboard
MagSurf, built by researchers at Universite Paris Diderot in France, seem to have cracked it using quantum levitation. Now all we need is a whole lot of superconductors.
- The death toll from Oakland's warehouse party fire has risen to 30. "We're still not done," a police official said Friday afternoon.
- Obama's student loan forgiveness efforts will likely cost taxpayers tens of billions of dollars more than expected 👀💵
- The far-right candidate in Austria's election has lost the presidential race in a defeat for the global populist movement.
- Instead of ornaments, a women decorated her Christmas tree with paper angels honoring the biggest stars who died in 2016 🎄