Toss a stone in any direction in the interwebs, and you'll find a scourge of money management apps, financial platforms, and startups in the fintech space that can help you shore up an emergency fund, dig out of a debt hole, and repair your credit.
Often, these tools might come with a price — either there's a subscription fee or you're offering your data, which can be used to peddle offers your way.
While not all these organizations are nonprofits, here are 12 groups that can help you tackle your money goals:
1. Save Money: SaverLife
2. Save Money: Save to Win
3. Save Money: Yotta
4. Build Credit: Accion
5. Build Credit: Oportun
6. Financial Inclusion for All: Operation HOPE
7. Build Credit: Mission Asset Fund
8. Get a Line of Credit: Elastic
9. Get Educated: CFPB's Resources for Spanish Speakers
10. Get Your Financial Literacy On: Zogo Finance
11. File Bankruptcy: Upsolve
12. Crush Debt: National Foundation of Credit Counseling (NFCC)
Do you know of any other groups that help people get control of their finances? Give them a shoutout in the comments!
And for more stories about life and money, check out the rest of our personal finance posts.