1. When Yityish Aynaw Became the First Ethiopian-Israeli Crowned Miss Israel
Yityish “Titi” Aynaw was born in Ethiopia and moved to Israel when she was 12
2. When an Endangered Tiger in Need Got a Helping Hand
Pedang, a 14 year old Sumatran Tiger at Israel’s Ramat-Gan Safari was given everything from acupuncture to steroids to help his chronic ear infection. Finally, an Israeli drug called FoamOtic was donated to save the day! Sumatran Tigers are critically endangered, with only a few hundred left in the wild
4. When 70,000 People in Tel Aviv Created World’s Biggest Harlem Shake
5. When Tarantino Gave This Ringing Endorsement for an Indie Israeli Film
The incredible thriller premiered earlier this year at TriBeCa and other film festivals around the world. It’s being released across the US on January 17, 2014.
6. When “Titi” Met Her Personal Hero, U.S. President Barack Obama
Aynaw told the BBC, “I was influenced and inspired by Obama. Like him, I was also raised by my grandmother. Nothing was handed to me on a plate, and like him I also had to work very hard and long to achieve things in my life. To this day he inspires me just as he inspires the rest of the world.”
8. When President Shimon Peres Made 90 The New 40
Who else gets video birthday greetings sent by everyone from Bono to Vladmir Putin? Guests and speakers at the shindig also included former President Bill Clinton, and former Prime Minister Tony Blair. And Babs.
10. When Google Bought Israeli App Waze for $1 Billion Dollars!
If you were lucky enough to be one of Waze’s 100 employees in Israel, you got an average of 1.2 million dollars EACH as part of the mega deal that was one of Google’s biggest purchases in its history.
11. When CERN Accepted Israel as First New Member State Since 1999
Now we get to play with the Large Hadron Collider!
13. When the Holy Land Became a Winter Wonderland
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- The Republican health care bill is all but dead after President Trump asked Speaker Paul Ryan to scrap a vote when it was clear it wouldn't pass.
- Paul Ryan was forced to admit that "Obamacare is the law of the land" after the failure of the Republican health care bill.
- It's time for Ivanka Trump to "stand for women" against Republican health care policies, says Planned Parenthood president Cecile Richards.
- Donald Trump had a photo op in a semitruck. The photos were too good not to become a meme — and the internet delivered 🚛👍