🚨 Warning: Spoilers ahead! 🚨
1. The snooze-fest that was Season 5 of The Crown, when it should have been the juiciest and most scandalous season yet. Oh, and let's not forget about those casting issues.
2. The Nancy/Steve/Jonathan love triangle resurfacing in Season 4 of Stranger Things.
3. As well as Eddie's death — which felt so pointless and unnecessary, meaning that he was killed off for pure shock value.
4. The decision by the writers to have Eleven revive Max instead of permanently killing her off.
5. The chaotic train wreck that was Season 6 of Riverdale — which included absurd supernatural plot lines, as well as some of the characters gaining superpowers.
6. The hit-and-miss storylines in The Lord Of The Rings: The Rings Of Power.
7. The initial supernatural intrigue in the earlier episodes of1899, which was then turned completely upside down in favour of confusing plot twists that didn't reveal anything in the end.
8. The colossal letdown that was Obi-Wan Kenobi, which included ridiculous chase scenes, idiotic character decision and wasted actor potential.
9. The slow pacing and predictable plot lines in Andor.
10. The loss of Villanelle in the Killing Eve finale, robbing her and Eve of a happy ending.
11. The missed opportunities with She-Hulk: Attorney At Law, which could have been great, but instead had uninspired characters, bad CGI and not enough scenes with Jen in the courtroom.
12. The slight letdown to the final season of Dead To Me, which ended in tragedy when, instead, all we wanted is for Judy and Jen to grow old together.
13. Everything about Inside Man, which sounded promising but turned out to be badly-written.
14. The aggressive behaviour shown by the men of Love Is Blind, which made for a cringe-worthy and toxic season.
15. The pacing issues in Season 5 of Dynasty, which set up a disappointing season finale.
16. Everything about American Gigolo, which is a remake of Paul Schrader's 1980 film of the same name.
17. The shallow plot lines in Devil In Ohio, which left you feeling unsatisfied after they were built up so much.
18. The entirety of American Horror Story: NYC being a hot, horrible mess, which just goes to show that maybe — just maybe — it's time to retire this series.
19. The absolute dumpster fire that was The Watcher, which featured terrible acting and an anticlimactic ending.
20. The direction of Allison's character in Season 3 of The Umbrella Academy, which resulted in her sexually assaulting Luther.
21. The entirety of The Woman In the House Across the Street From The Girl In the Window, which was severely underwhelming and missed the mark.
22. The pointless storytelling structure of The Midnight Club, as well as the emphasis on the Paragon cult, Ancient Greek rituals, ghosts and the argument of science vs. holistic wellness, which ended up having minimal relevance to the plot.
23. And lastly, the multiple controversies surrounding the Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story series, which was criticised for insensitivity towards the victims' families and romanticising the serial killer's crimes.
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.
Alright, now it's your turn. Do you agree with these submissions? Or maybe you have another TV storyline in mind that you wished you could erase from your mind. Let us know in the comments!
The year is almost over, and we're looking back on 2022. Check out more from the year here!