21 Stories About Being Home Alone That Sound Like The Plot Of A Horror Movie
Don't read this before bed unless you want nightmares.
Alright, we've all been there — home alone, lights turned off, snuggled in bed. But then there's a noise...a thud maybe, which makes you jolt your eyes open in terror.
Yep, being spooked while you're home alone is easily one of the most relatable things out there. So, when @joeym2009 asked Reddit users, "What is the scariest thing to happen to you when you’ve been home alone?", it's no surprise that the thread quickly got a lot of answers that were equal parts hilarious and terrifying.
Here are some of the best submissions that sound like they've been taken straight from the plot of a horror movie.
1. This alarming phone call:
2. This terrifying false alarm:
3. This nightmare-inducing situation:
4. This disturbing childhood event:
5. This close call:
6. This chilling bedtime story:
7. This close shave:
8. This unsettling scenario:
9. This strange set of circumstances:
10. This nightmarish being:
11. This very real situation:
12. This reminder to be safe:
13. This scary realisation:
14. This spine-chilling encounter:
15. This goosebump-inducing read:
16. This straight out of a horror movie scenario:
17. This unfriendly visit:
18. This narrow escape:
19. This childhood horror story:
20. This spine-chilling moment:
21. And lastly, this long read — which is bound to give you shivers all over.
Note: Responses from Reddit have been edited for length and/or clarity.