23 "Neighbours" Storylines That Will Be Remembered For Being Emotional, Downright Bizarre And Iconic
Some of these definitely felt like a fever dream.
1. When Toadie's iconic mullet was chopped off.
2. When Scott and Charlene got married.
3. When Mrs. Mangel and Mike Young fought over ownership of Bouncer, resulting in them letting the dog pick who to live with.
4. And when Bouncer had a dream sequence, which involved him getting married to Rosie, the Border Collie that lived next door.
5. When Harold was swept off the rocks and presumed dead, only to come back a few years later with amnesia.
6. When Drew died, just after he and Libby had a baby.
7. When Delta Goodrem sang “Born To Try”, cementing her status as a fan favourite on Neighbours and a reputable Australian singer.
8. When Toadie accidentally drove himself and Dee into the sea on the way to their honeymoon, leaving his new wife missing and presumed dead.
9. When Susan ripped Karl to shreds in the street after learning that Izzy was pregnant and that he was the father.
10. And when Susan slapped Karl after confronting him about the affair that he was having with his receptionist, Sarah Beaumont.
11. When Harold's daughter, Kerry, was hit by a stray bullet while protesting a duck hunt, resulting in her death.
12. When Lou booked an act called Powerfinger to play at the pub, but Toadie thought he meant Powderfinger.
13. When Paul Robinson made his return after the Lassiter's Complex fire.
14. When Frazer became paralysed from the waist down after being trampled by a horse. Then, he later regained the use of his legs after saving a kid drowning in a swimming pool.
15. When Ringo was run down by a motorbike rider, who turned out to be Steph.
16. When Robert kidnapped Connor and led everyone to believe that he had killed him. Only, Connor turned up six years later on Ramsay Street and explains that he was just travelling.
17. When a plane carrying several Neighbours characters crashed after a bomb was detonated on it, resulting in the deaths of David, Liljana and Serena Bishop.
18. Which led to Harold attempting to strangle Paul, who he believed was responsible for the plane crash.
19. When the Scully family was introduced, bringing in a whole bunch of chaotic storylines.
20. When the marquee hosting Toadie's and Sonya's wedding reception collapsed after a gas bottle exploded, resulting in the deaths of Rhys and Priya.
21. When Kyle used one too many testosterone patches during his honeymoon, leading to some, uh, hard issues.
22. When Rachel and Angus, who was her teacher, were secretly dating. Plus, he was even sentenced to jail for six months after the relationship was made public, only to move in with Rachel once he was released.
23. And lastly, when Stingray tragically died at a street party, a short time after undergoing a bone marrow transplant for his girlfriend, Kerry.
Some submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.