19 Arguments You've Definitely Had At Least Once In Your Life If You're Australian
If you don't call them potato scallops, I'll be seeing you on the handball courts at recess.
1. Alright, we've all got into at least one heated discussion about whether this fried good is called a potato scallop or cake.
2. Oh, and let's not forget about the classic, "Does the sauce belong in the cupboard or fridge?" argument.
3. Speaking of condiments, Australians are always clashing over whether BBQ or tomato sauce is supreme.
4. And whether sausage sizzle or sausage sanga is the correct term for this humble meal.
5. Every Aussie has gotten into some sort of disagreement over the true origins of the pavlova.
6. And you're not true blue unless you've argued over the best Paddlepop flavour.
7. Having screaming matches over the "correct" way to apply Vegemite perfectly sums up Australian culture.
8. As is debating whether the chips are better at Macca's or KFC.
9. And whether beetroot really belongs in burgers.
10. Australians LOVE to argue about whether party pies or mini sausage rolls are more delicious.
11. Or whether a Splice or Golden Gaytime is the superior summer treat.
12. Train delays caused by the heat or rainy weather is an easy trigger to set any Aussie off on a rampage.
13. And you can forget about discussing your picks for Triple J's Hottest 100 in public.
14. The easiest way to start a rivalry between the different Aussie states is get them talking about the State of Origin.
15. Or actually, any point of difference about particular food names is enough to start a quarrel.
16. You'll make any Australian very mad if you talk shit about their favourite Zooper Dooper flavour.
17. And don't even get them started on which local bakery has the best vanilla slice.
18. It's all fun and games at your mate's place — until someone brings up the "proper" way to eat a meat pie.
For some, it's taking the lid off and adding the sauce. And for others, it's just squeezing the sauce on top and eating it as is.