1. Be direct and open about your ambitions.
2. Adopt a power pose.
3. Drink a lot of coffee.
4. Create your own squad.
5. But don't forget that your peers are just as useful.
6. Unleash your inner detective.
7. Think big!
8. Make a date.
9. Always consider how your work fits into the company as a whole.
10. Stretch yourself.
11. Use the power of daydream.
12. Get learning.
13. Don't wait for things to happen.
14. Find the right balance.
15. Ask yourself whose path you're on.
16. Copying is a good thing.
17. Nail your look.
18. Don’t always do what you love.
19. Look for a new job even if you don’t want one.
20. When your dream job isn't your dream job.
21. Baby steps matter.
22. Find your trouble spot.
23. Be a scientist.
24. Don't wait for an invitation.
25. Give up.
26. Ditch the work.
27. Think like a crab.
Traditional linear careers are more frequently becoming the exception rather than the rule, so don’t be afraid to move sideways rather than up if a job gives you more fulfillment or better life quality.
Take that sabbatical, bargain for a work-from-home day, or ask for some training. The career ladder now goes in every direction.