1. This is what EDSA, a.k.a. the bane of our existence, looked like in the 80's and early 90's.
2. In the 50's, EDSA was called Highway 54, because of the misconception that the road was 54 km long (but we all know it sure feels like a thousand).
And this is what EDSA looks like now.
3. This is what Manila City Hall looked like in the 1900's to the 1930's before it became...
The coffin shaped building it is now.
4. Here's an aerial view of Luneta in the 60's.
This is Luneta now.
5. Roxas Boulevard in 1945, then known as Dewey Boulevard.
And this is Roxas Boulevard now.
6. In the 1900's, the busy streets of Binondo looked like this.
7. Here it is now.
Escolta was a central business district in the 19th century.
The street was lined with businesses by immigrant merchants from China, Europe, and Latin America.