20 Things On Amazon That Outdoor Cat-Owners Swear By
For the kitties who enjoy roaming the great outdoors.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed collects a share of sales and/or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Hey there! Did you know that Amazon's app has exclusive features that lets you scan barcodes to check prices IRL, use your phone’s camera to search for items with a ~single tap~, track orders in real time, and more? Download it here for free and receive $5 off your first in-app purchase.
1. A cat harness and leash so that you can finally let your feline enjoy the great outdoors. FYI, harnesses reign supreme over collars because they don't tug on your kitty's delicate neck!
2. A pack of Burt's Bees dander-reducing wipes for the cool cats who really don't like taking baths. These wipes are great for wiping dusty paws and clearing off any debris from the outside world, while still maintaining the health of your cat's fur.
3. A flea treatment, because fleas are the bane of any indoor/outdoor cat owner's existence. This topical treatment comes packaged in individual applicators, speeding up the process of administering medication to a cat who might not want to sit still.
4. A daily probiotic for the cat in your life who seems to deal with bowel issues quite often. Plus, who knows what they're munching on while out on the prowl? This probiotic will help to support your cat's gut, just in case they eat anything that might give them an upset belly. Plus, it comes in a powder, making it simple to hide in your cat's wet food.
5. A wound and skincare spray, because cats get nicks from time to time, especially when going on day-long excursions in the woods. Consider this the cat version of that one salve you rub onto your own cuts to help them heal quicker.
6. A pair of bite-proof grooming gloves to avoid the inevitable scratches from trying to handle your loving feral cat. It's not their fault — they're just not used to human interaction! These gloves are 16 inches long, meaning that your precious forearms will remain protected.
7. A bottle of cat ear solution, because nobody likes an ear infection, and cats especially don't like it when humans clean their ear infections. These wipes are gentle, alcohol-free, and contain aloe vera to help soothe your cat's aching ears.
8. A bottle of feline skin and itch drops, since humans aren't the only ones who have outdoor allergies during the spring! Allow these drops to help your kitties deal with their allergy symptoms. It'll provide them with sweet relief from all the scratching they've been doing.
9. A cozy pet tent, because no matter how many blanket fortresses you make, your cat can always use a little extra cozy heat. This tent is perfect for keeping the warmth in for all their cat naps.
10. A warming cat bed to provide your cat with a comfortable place to lounge. This bed is perfect for those with cats who only sleep in the places most inconvenient to you, like right on your pillow.
11. A plush purring pillow for cats who need to feel like they're cuddling something at all times. This toy is perfect for comforting the feral kitties living in your yard.
12. An automatic feeder that has trays and an ice chiller inside to make sure that your outdoor cat's food stays fresh. What's the most important part, you may ask? The trays in this device rotate per serving, exposing each serving throughout the day. It ensures that your cats are not overeating.
13. A customizable pet ID tag, because unfortunately, a lost kitten cannot tap their red heels together and say there's no place like home to return to your garden. This will let anyone know who to contact if they find your cat who has wandered off.
14. And a collar to attach your cat's tag to. This crescent-design is perfect for the kitties in your life who are as adventurous and independent as Luna from Sailor Moon. Plus, this collar has a bell, meaning you'll hear when your feline friend is close by.
15. An outdoor cat house if you have feral cats by your home who seem to be opening up to you. If they can't come inside, why not provide them with some shelter from the inclement weather?
16. A fluffy heating pad to put into any outdoor home to ensure that your cat is always resting on something warm and cozy.
17. An ant-resistant food bowl, because you work hard to feed your cats — you don't need ants stealing their food!
18. A portable play pen for indoor cats who are transitioning into an outdoor lifestyle, but aren't quite there yet. This playpen is perfect, as your cat will still be able to enjoy the breeze of the outdoors, while slowly acclimating to its new environment.
19. An Oxyfresh water additive to help you care for your cat's teeth. Dental care has never been simpler: just add a capful of this to your cat's water, and they will have fresh breath and healthy gums in no time.
20. And a Hertzko self-cleaning brush with retractable teeth to make cleanup after a good brushing experience so easy, you'll wish you had purchased it sooner.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women's.