21 Things From Amazon That’ll Make Taking Care Of Senior Pets Easier
These will make your senior pup more comfortable in just about every way.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed collects a share of sales and/or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A Milk-Bone good morning healthy joint vitamin treat to help keep your senior dog running around the yard for hours, pain-free.
2. A cozy pet tent, because as your cat ages, they will certainly need more warm spots around the house for lounging. This tent is perfect for keeping the warmth in for all their cat naps.
4. An orthopedic pet bed that'll support your dog's lazy bones as they snooze away dreaming of biscuits and Frisbees.
5. A probiotic for your feline companion who might need a bit of help with digestion. This flavorless powder formula is USDA organic certified and mixes easily into all wet food.
6. An interactive roller cat toy, because playing isn't just for kittens! Playtime is vital in ensuring your cat can maintain their physical health and mental awareness.
7. A plush chew toy that is great for both playtime and your mature pup's teeth. This toy contains a squeaker inside for an extra fun touch during a pre-dinner chew.
8. A Burt's Bees dander reducing spray for senior cats who need a bit of help with grooming. This formula contains colloidal oat to promote skin health, and aloe vera to add hydration to their coats.
9. A no-tug harness that'll make morning strolls pain-free. Harnesses are always the answer when looking for a pair to your leash because collars are a bit rough around dogs' necks (especially when it comes to our elderly community).
10. A Vet's Best flea and tick home spray for some sweet relief from scratching, because ticks and fleas can hurt a ton, and your wise partner in crime has enough things to worry about.
11. A bag of World's Best Cat Litter that won't cause your senior feline any breathing problems, and will be safe on their delicate paws. This formula is made with corn, and without any chemicals that may be dangerous to your older kitty. It also clumps quickly and is 99% dust-free. I have some kitties of my own and swear by this litter brand.
12. A reversible dog coat so that your senior dog remains warm and cozy, even during brisk winter walks through the park. Dogs are like people in that the more mature they become, the colder they become, too. Here's to keeping our pups warm 24/7.
13. A Relaxivet pheromone calming spray for cats who seem to have the Sunday scaries during other days of the week, too. This spray is great for calming anxious cats, and for taming the cats in your life who are rather rambunctious.
14. A dog hair trimmer, because your gracious sidekick can use some help in shedding their fur. This will help you, too, as your home becomes dander-free.
15. A Hill's Science Diet dry food specifically formulated for dog's age 7+. This kibble has minerals to promote heart and kidney health, and omega-6s and vitamin E for a shiny coat and healthy skin. This kibble is also easy to digest, making it perfect for dogs who would rather exert their energy during playtime.
16. A dog sling carrier for those long haul trips that will surely tire out your dog. This sling is made of breathable mesh, meaning that your dog will never overheat while you are on your adventure together.
17. A few Greenies treats, because the dental health of our furry companions is just as important as our dental health. As dogs age, dental health is of the utmost importance to maintain heart health.
18. A water fountain for your well-aging kitty, because most cats tend to find drinking running water more enjoyable.
19. A Rocco & Roxie stain and odor eliminator, because accidents happen more and more with age! This spray contains enzymes that eat away at any odor you might be tackling with your senior pet.
20. A bag of Wellness senior dry food for cats. This formula is grain-free and contains glucosamine and chondroitin to promote hip and bone health.
21. A box of catnip, because nothing helps a cat unwind like rolling around in this dried herb, no matter what age.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.