If Your Hair Could Make A Wish List, These 32 Products Would Be On It
Listen to your hair's needs.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. An anti-dandruff shampoo to tackle dandruff and protect your scalp from flaking. This product contains 1% ketoconazole, an ingredient recommended by dermatologists for minimizing dandruff and restoring scalp health.
2. A deep conditioning hair mask specifically designed to nourish dry and damaged hair. I use this mask on days where I really want my hair to shine and my curls to look as tight as possible!
3. A bottle of castor oil for growing any sparse areas along your hairline, in your scalp, and even between your eyebrows and lashes.
4. A custom hair serum to tame flyaways and significantly decrease frizz with just a pump of product. This hair serum contains argan, jojoba, and sunflower oils to nourish your hair, plus a custom blend of ingredients depending on your hair goals.
5. A curl conditioner that I have been using for months now, and I can firmly say that it is my holy grail conditioner for restoring the shape of my natural curls while adding an intense shine to them. Plus, I've noticed that the results are cumulative, so every time I use this conditioning mask is better than the last. My love letter to this product is endless, but here are just a few more reasons why I'm completely enamored — it lasts forever, smells like a spa sent from above, and looks super chic in my bathroom.
6. A hair waver to make your hair look as if you just spent your day at a seaside paradise. This product is essentially 2021's version of a crimper — but elevated to fit your beachy style.
7. A curl-defining cream packed with coconut oil to shape every last one of your curls to a bouncy and full state of perfection.
8. A silver color-depositing shampoo that will whisk away any brass or copper tones from your blonde hair or highlights, and make your color last until your next toning session. Plus, this shampoo works great at amplifying natural gray hair, too!
9. A one-step hair dryer and volumizer hot air brush for those of you who love the look of a blowout, but only have about 10 minutes to spare in the morning on your hair. This brush combs through every strand of your hair for a voluminous and shiny finish.
10. A root cover-up powder, because there are ways to cover up roots and greys without going to the salon every few weeks! Consider this product for any sparse areas in your roots between coloring.
11. A cleansing shampoo that's perfect for those with curly and coily hair. This shampoo contains shea butter which fortifies your strands while cleansing your scalp immensely.
12. A heat-protective styling spray formulated for those with thin hair. This spray is perfect for amping up the volume in your style while protecting your cuticles from heat damage that can lead to fraying.
13. An hair-repairing treatment to repair the cuticle damage you might be experiencing thanks to processing and treatments. If you, like me, have virgin hair, you can definitely still use this product to boost hydration and tighten curls.
14. A deep repair masque because, sometimes, conditioner is not enough for hydrating brittle, damaged hair. Consider this mask if you have color-treated or chlorine-damaged hair.
15. A wave spray to give you effortless beachy waves while you wait for the weather to warm up to peak beach season. This leaves hair looking wavy and matte, while it nourishes strands with hydrating cactus and rose water added in.
16. A seaweed shampoo and conditioner set for nourishing the strands of your hair while providing a gentle scalp clarification.
17. An apple cider vinegar hair rinse, because scalp buildup *is* a thing, and it can lead to some serious stuff like an itchy scalp, strand deterioration, and even hair loss. This rinse is perfect for clarifying the scalp in between washes. (Because you shouldn't be washing your hair every day—ESPECIALLY if you have curly hair!!!)
18. A microfiber hair twist, because your hair is BEGGING you to stop drying it with a traditional towel! Traditional towels can be rough on hair, and lead to more breakage and frizz down the line. A microfiber hair twist is a great alternative because it does not cause friction that can lead to damage, and it still does a great job of soaking up every last drop of excess moisture from your hair.
19. A shampoo brush that is a beauty insider secret to voluminous hair and a healthy scalp. This brush exfoliates clogged pores on the scalp during shampooing, and stimulates hair follicles to promote growth. I've been using this for years, and my hair has never been healthier. Oh, and did I mention that it feels like the most heavenly scalp massage?
20. A dry shampoo that is my personal holy grail dry shampoo for when it's not quite time for a wash just yet, but I still need to soak up some extra oil and grime from my roots. I love that this dry shampoo leaves my roots matte and voluminous, without ever leaving a white, powdery film on my dark hair.
21. A thickening spray if you find that your straight hair often falls flat a few hours after giving yourself a blowout. Add a few spritzes of this spray to your roots, and massage it down to your strands while your hair is still damp. Then, blow dry your hair in a direction opposite of how you would wear it naturally. Finally, style your hair with a part of your liking (middle or side, it's up to you!), and watch your hair go from flat to va-va-voom.
22. A scalp detox treatment to decrease oil, clarify the scalp, and even soothe symptoms of psoriasis and eczema along the hairline. I love this detox for the volume it gives to my roots in between washes.
23. A hair and body fragrance mist that adds a floral, warm, and sophisticated scent to your strands. Consider spraying this on your hair, or layer it with your favorite woody Eau de Parfum. (I've been using this for a bit now, and have received so many compliments!)
24. A pH balancing cream specifically formulated for air-drying hair to a state of shiny, frizz-free bounce and perfection.
25. A shower cap that'll protect your hair from humidity as you shower during your no-shampoo day. I have this shower cap, and I love that it has a rubber lining on the inner brim that ensures no moisture enters my hair.
26. A Wet Brush that is ideal for detangling your hair while it's still damp. I have been using this brush for years, and I love that it does zero damage to my delicate hair as it gets rid of every last twist and knot.
27. A Living Proof thickening mousse to amp up the volume in your blowout. Spread this product through damp hair before styling, and watch your locks grow.
28. A nylon boar-bristle brush that will add immense shine to your hair while minimizing frizz. Plus, this brush is a fraction of the price of its competitors — what's not to love about a great head of hair *and* a great deal?!
29. A sage styling cream – it'll be your clean beauty go-to for decreasing frizz and upping the volume in your hair, whether you decide to blow-dry your tresses or allow them to air dry.
30. A volumizing conditioner to add body and texture to your hair without ever making it look too slick.
31. A dry scalp treatment that will be your saving grace for dealing with a scalp that has gone through some drying color treatments. This formula contains vitamin B3 to balance your scalp back to a healthy state.
32. And an anti-residue clarifying shampoo, because with all the products, treatments, and general grime that's resting on your scalp right now, it definitely needs some clarification! Use this weekly for a scalp reset.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.