27 Clever Products From Amazon That’ll Prevent Pet-Related Problems Before They Even Happen
Because it's easier to prevent problems than treat them.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Hey there! Did you know that Amazon's app has exclusive features that lets you scan barcodes to check prices IRL, use your phone’s camera to search for items with a ~single tap~, track orders in real time, and more? Download it here for free and receive $5 off your first in-app purchase.
1. A silicone cat bowl mat, because messes are inevitable when dinnertime rolls around. This will keep your floors food-free, and will also protect them from water damage if your cat is the type to splash their water bowl before drinking.
2. A Kong chew toy to keep your dog preoccupied as they dream of chewing up other things in your home, like the legs of chairs, or your favorite pair of sneakers.
3. A Catit grass planter that'll keep your cats from eating the plants around your home. This is extremely important to have as a cat owner since some house plants are actually toxic to cats.
4. A Petmate litter pan for those of you who have dogs, too. Your dog will not be able to reach inside of this box to dig, and your cat's paws will remain dust-free thanks to the litter trap at the top of this box.
5. An orthopedic pet bed that'll support your dog's lazy bones as they snooze away, dreaming of biscuits and Frisbees.
6. A Greenies pill pocket for cats that's like a spoonful of sugar to help the medicine go down. Simply hide the pill inside the treat, press the treat to mold it around the pill, and watch your cat enjoy.
7. An air purifier to rid the air in your home of pet hair, pet dander, and anything else that might be floating around you.
8. A grooming rake with rotating metal teeth because whether your long-haired cat or furry dog deals with matted hair, you will want to groom them before their tresses ever become an issue.
9. A no-tug harness that'll make morning strolls pain-free. Harnesses are always the answer when looking for a pair to your leash because collars are a bit rough around dogs' necks (especially when it comes to our elderly community).
10. A Catit flower water fountain, since some cats prefer running water to water that sits still in a bowl. This fountain filters water to ensure that your cat has a crisp and clean drink every time, without worrying that your cat won't drink water if it's not from a running tap.
12. An water additive to help you care for your pet's teeth. Dental care has never been simpler: Just add a capful of this to your cat's or dog's water, and they will have fresh breath and healthy gums in no time.
13. A Gorilla Grips litter box mat so that you'll never have to worry about stepping on litter ever again. This mat traps litter and dust from your cat's paws, and is washable, too.
14. A hangable scratch pad, because your cat needs something other than your brand-new rug to file their nails on.
15. A Burt's Bees dander reducing spray for cats who need a bit of help with grooming. This formula contains colloidal oat to promote skin health, and aloe vera to add hydration to their coats.
16. A Milk-Bone good morning healthy joint vitamin treat to help keep your senior dog running around the yard for hours, pain-free.
17. A pheromone calming spray for cats who seem to have the Sunday scaries during other days of the week, too. This spray is great for calming anxious cats, and for taming the rambunctious cats in your life before they knock over another potted plant again.
18. A pack of Greenies treats, because the dental health of our furry companions is just as important as our dental health. As dogs age, things like plague, gums, and breath become more and more difficult to maintain, but these'll help the process.
19. A Vet's Best flea and tick home spray for some sweet relief from scratching, because ticks and fleas can hurt a ton, and your wise partner in crime has enough things to worry about.
20. An oatmeal paw butter that works to soothe cracked paws on your feline friends, and your pups, too. This is especially helpful during those dry transitional months from winter to spring.
21. A battery-powered nail buffer for the animal in your life with extra-sharp claws. This tool works great after a claw trimming session to buff out any sharp edges that might cause some unnecessary nicking down the line.
22. A fur-collecting broom, because there is no telling how much fur you have hiding in your carpets until you purchase one of these brooms. I have this broom and use it regularly on my area rugs. I'm always shocked (and grossed out) by the amount of hair that accumulates from my two lovely cats.
23. A cord protector for your kitty who thinks that all your charging cords are chew toys. This product provides that one-two punch of protecting your cats from chewing on dangerous wires while streamlining a corner of a room that may be riddled with cords.
24. A dental kit, because taking care of your pet's oral hygiene can help decrease the risk of disease down the line. Plus, it gives them fresh breath, which is always welcome during cuddle sessions with your furbaby.
25. An allergy supplement by Zesty Paws that's said to boost the immune system of pups who tend to spend their free time itching and scratching themselves.
26. A dog-feeding reminder, because when you are feeding yourself, a family, and a dog all before logging into your daily string of Zoom meetings, sometimes things slip your mind. This'll make sure you never have to worry about your loyal friend missing a meal again.
27. And, of course, a pack of wee-wee pads for those dogs who sometimes don't know how to properly voice their need to use the WC. Consider these to save your rug from some unnecessary damage down the line.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.