11 Works By Maya Angelou You Must Read
Before you read 'em all, start with these.
1. I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
2. And Still I Rise
3. "On The Pulse Of Morning"
4. Gather Together In My Name
5. Just Give Me a Cool Drink of Water 'fore I Diiie
6. "Life Doesn't Frighten Me"
7. Wouldn't Take Nothing for My Journey and Even the Stars Look Lonesome
These two collections of short personal essays, Wouldn't Take Nothing For My Journey Now and Even the Stars Look Lonesome were called Angelou's "wisdom books" by Hilton Als, and include beautiful insights into the author's life and philosophies.