We’ve partnered with Commissioner Julie Menin and the New York City Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment to launch the “One Book, One New York” program, a new initiative to get everyone in NYC to read the same book at the same time. But it wouldn’t be New York without a little competition, so we had five celebrities select five books for New Yorkers to choose from over the month of February. Watch the videos below to learn all about their picks.
5. Larry Wilmore picks The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Díaz!
- The National Enquirer tabloid is growing by speaking to an audience ignored by mainstream media and backing Trump.
- Adults pay their own bills, hold steady jobs, and don't live with their parents, according to a new poll provided to BuzzFeed News.
- Furniture stores are being reshaped by a simple fact: many young people simply aren't in the market for their stuff anymore.
- Model Bella Hadid, who promoted Fyre Festival on her social media, spoke out about the chaos and apologized to ticket holders.